Boosting Airbnb bookings

Answered!
Andreea142
Level 2
Bucharest, Romania

Boosting Airbnb bookings

Good morning, I was 95% booked all the time due to the position, I am in the center of the center but the market is decreasing compared to previous years and I have noticed an increase in last minute bookings. I receive a lot of reservations from another platform from Air bnb, I only have 6 reservations in a year...and I don't understand why? I think I'm not good at settings, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'd really like to increase the number of reservations here on Airbnb.

🌟Listing link: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/888260641177453837

[Post moved to relevant board, tittle and content updated by OCM for relevancy]

1 Best Answer
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Andreea142 @Paula ,

When was the last time you had a chance to check out properties similar to yours? I did a search around your area on Airbnb, but unfortunately, your property didn't show up for the available date. However, during my search, I came across some really impressive options: beautifully designed apartments with professional photography, all priced at half of what you offer. These apartments are stunning, priced at just 58 euros per night for 2-bedrooms, and they look like they're straight out of an interior design magazine. Perhaps three years ago, your property was leading the pack, but it seems the competition has evolved. It's actually inspiring how competition prompts everyone to stay fresh and improve.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Paula Maybe Paula will move this post to the place for those wanting to have feedback about their listings and Andreea142 will get more suggestions. 

@Andreea142 I do have some tips for you - Obviously you are located in a great spot and that's the biggest selling point for your place. Location!!!

I have a few suggestions and questions!

How do you sleep 6 people in 2 Beds?

Guests might say 3 guests are coming, but your listing says max. / total guests allowed is 6, so many guests think a few more will not matter at all. So remember that, ask for the names of those coming if that will help you.  

Most guests like a lamp on a bedside table/stand for their phone, book, glasses/jewelry, etc. 

You need to have a smoke Alarm as well as the Carbon Monoxide detector that you have. 

It is important to write captions under every photo with a short description. This will help your listing. 

I would do the photos totally different - first and most importantly,  make all or almost all photos Landscape mode -not like a selfie -  turn your phone so you get more in the photo, that's best for Airbnb on your listing photos. 

I would move or delete several of the photos - here's the numbers I would either move to the end of the order or delete as they are almost unimportant. # 5,6,7,8,9,10, 13,14,15   Guests want to see the bathroom before seeing the cabinets with dolls or dishes in them I feel pretty sure of that. 

I would suggest you  close the toilet seat for the photos, it looks nicer, I think. 

On your future reviews that you post, best to use the word Guest Not Tourist, I'm sure it was a translation, but I'd guess you can fix it before it post?? 

Hope this is helpful. All the best and Happy Hosting, Clara

Dear Clara, thank you very much for the recommendations, I will apply them all. There are really things I didn't think of. They can accommodate the maximum
6 people because the sofa in the living room is extendable.

@Andreea142  great that you are open to ideas/feedback and suggestions. For the sofa bed, I figured that's what you do, I would make it up like a bed and take a photo so guests see it as it should be.  Happy Hosting, Clara

A wonderful idea @Clara116, at the weekend I will take new photos, landscape format and with natural light. Thank you for the suggestions.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Andreea142 👋,

It's wonderful to see all the great suggestions shared by @Clara116 🌻

As Clara previously mentioned, I have moved your comment to "Ask About Your Listing" board, and I've added the link to your listing to gain more visibility and additional great suggestions from our community. (I hope this is ok with you 🤞)

I would also like to invite our amazing Hosts, @Guy991@Lorina14@Bettye6 and @Karen4131 to share any other ideas they might have.

All the best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you so much! 

🙏🌷

Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Andreea142 @Paula ,

When was the last time you had a chance to check out properties similar to yours? I did a search around your area on Airbnb, but unfortunately, your property didn't show up for the available date. However, during my search, I came across some really impressive options: beautifully designed apartments with professional photography, all priced at half of what you offer. These apartments are stunning, priced at just 58 euros per night for 2-bedrooms, and they look like they're straight out of an interior design magazine. Perhaps three years ago, your property was leading the pack, but it seems the competition has evolved. It's actually inspiring how competition prompts everyone to stay fresh and improve.

Thanks for the suggestion, I know my competition and the level I offer. They are nice apartments but most of them are located in old buildings from the 1920s with seismic risk, and some of them smell really bad. Legislation has changed in Ro and they are no longer allowed to operate. My apartment is in a 1993 building with elevator, supermarket and coffee shop on the ground floor. There are 10 properties like mine and we have about the same price, the rest are in the old city centre but there is another level - .... Much lower. Unfortunately photos are a problem for some they look better than they really do and for others worse than they really are.

Look at the difference between buildings, and positioning to understand where the price difference comes from.

AEEAAA2D-1D9B-410E-A44E-1F10E31B3C86.jpeg

7C84B1CA-47DA-4CBC-B1F2-029A656635C3.jpeg

179086A6-0E4B-4EF4-8ECF-EF6C76FB5B27.jpeg

Hello again @Andreea142 ,

Thank you for taking the time and showing examples of buildings. I agree that there is a difference. So in that case, it is a shame that you are not 100% booked.

In your last comment, you mentioned the age of the building, legal registration, seismic safety, an elevator, and convenient commercial spaces on the ground floor. This is your unique selling point. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I might be completely off base, but a guest staying for 3-4 nights may not care about legislation or seismic safety. These matters are typically of concern to property owners and those in long-term lease agreements (Off topic: I wonder how they operate. In Portugal, for example, Airbnb demands the legal registration number for short-term rentals (STR) for every property.).

However, if you still believe that this is your strong suit in the market, you should consider highlighting it in your description.

And yes, visuals, being one of the strongest senses, sell!

I think it's a problem of algorithm, settings because Air bnb doesn't display my property to users in general. .... I am full every month, if I have 4-5 free days left just because the bookings come from pllatformas B...... and I wanted to have bookings from Airbnb too, not to depend on one platform. I am interested to know if Airbnb has some criteria that if met by me displays me more or on the first page?