Both of my listing suspended for no reason

Hayley153
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Both of my listing suspended for no reason

I'm so furious with Airbnb I can't even stand it!!!  It makes me want to cry just talking about it. I have two listings. Nothing but great reviews for the last year. I think I have like 65 reviews, all of which are five stars except for maybe 4 and those are only because the people tried to get over on me and I called them out, so they gave me a bad review. My average with both listings is a 4.8, no cancellations, 100% response rate. They suspended both of my listings so I can't get bookings and they're not visible on Airbnb..this was TWO freaking weeks ago and nobody will talk to me or tell me why they have been suspended!!!  I have called seven times and the only thing they will tell me is that the department that handles everything has no phone support and I need to wait to get an email

!! I'm a single mom and this is my only source of income I have two little children and I can't get any bookings and I don't know why and don't know what to do. They also took away my super host status!! Anybody have any suggestions?!? I work so hard to keep these listings up and make sure I have good ratings just for this to happen......it's  pretty  devastating. 

69 Replies 69

As a host of 12 years and a guest all over the world, DO NOT INVEST any money into depending on AIRBNB in ANY WAY EVER. please go online and find the article on Airbnb is spending millions of dollars to make nightmares go away. just as a BEGINNING to the nightmare that has been all of our lives.

Oubaid0
Level 2
Tangier, Morocco

Is it normal that no one answers for 3 days, and when I open another support ticket they just ignore it by telling me another ticket has been opened and no answer no whatsoever 

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Yang173
Level 2
Gold Coast, Australia

this thread scared me a LOT!

Ash7
Level 2
Austin, TX

I agree. this is nuts

It should.  Listen, Airbnb has been relatively good to me. I can nearly pay my mortgage just renting my guest room in a small non-touristy city in the middle of nowhere.  However, you need to understand that they do not care one bit about either side of the transaction. Hosts are just an empty vessle to shove guest bodies in at a rate that suits Airbnb fee maximization.  They cover their butts with the folks most likely to make a newsbyte (the guest) at the detriment of the host.  We mean literally nothing to them.  This is the service/gig industry we have invited into our lives.

I was absolutely soured on Airbnb after this experience, I no longer give them any credit as a benevolent dictator.  They are simply a means to an end with a monopoly on the market.  Go in with clear eyes and set your own limits to make it work for you, but don't expect any real support from Airbnb. Cover your own butt and good luck.

Alex9035
Level 2
Portland, OR

Same experience. My new house has only 1 review, 5 stars. My acceptance rate is 100%. My cancellation rate is 0%. Yet I was suspended with no notice. 21 days, 6 phone calls, 6 online chats and no one will tell me why. Most of the online chats I ask why and they instantly close the chat. Most phone calls they say they will call me back but never do. I was in an abusive relationship where I was gaslit constantly. Seriously feels a lot like that. 

Ania1999
Level 2
Camarillo, CA

@Hayley153 did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm dealing with the same thing right now, it's only been a couple of days, but no info whatsoever from Airbnb and my account has been suspended. I have about seven 5-star reviews, no hidden cameras, not a party house, nothing out of the norm...

Today, Airbnb suspended all my listings. I am a Superhost, on platform since 2014, and nearly 1,000 reviews across 4 listings in different locations. I only found out because I went to update my calendar, and all my listings were suspended. No phone call or email from Airbnb. When I call Superhost support, they said they don't know why and I have to wait a phone call.

What I suspect happened, is earlier today, we told a guest we received a noise complaint, so we checked our exterior security camera, and it had 3 dogs at the house. We do mention in our listing that we have exterior security cameras, so not sure why that would trigger a suspension, and across all our listings.

Also, the appeals form link doesn't work. It just routes to my account landing page.

Mandy75
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Have you got your listing back? Same thing has happened to us. We complained to Airbnb about the noise made late at night by a guest who brought in her friends and was making a lot of noise on the front steps at 1am. A neighbour came over to tell them to be quiet. We mentioned that this had been captured on our exterior security camera which is disclosed in the listing. Shortly afterwards we discovered we had been suspended when we checked the calendar. No reason given. Told it was handled by a different team and to wait for updates. Now more than 24 hours. 

Hi Mandy,

I’m going through the same situation. My listing has been suspended for 3 days due to a 1 star review which was removed because it was considered written in retaliation. I keep calling and no one has an answer for me. Was your account ever fixed ? 

Georgeann5
Level 2
Grass Valley, CA

I have just had the exact same experience that you just described!  I thought I was alone.  I am totally devastated and frustrated.   I have been a Super Host and with AirBnB with rave reviews for 10 years!  They just suspended my listings for no reason.  When I called,which I did consistently for a week and a half, no one would speak with me.  After being bounced around the automated AirBnB phone system, all could get out of them  was that the "Team" would get back to me.  Finally, a Appeal person emailed me and told me they were in the Appeal process.  What is that!?  And why and when was I routed into an Appeal process.  No one yet has ever told me anything as to why this has occurred.  Now yesterday I got an email from "Alex" in the Appeal department saying they had reviewed my appeal and they were cancelling me from the AirBnB Community.  She wished me luck.  I am devastated and still have absolutely no idea what happened.  I am a single, senior who loves having my AirBnB guests and they always seem to love being here at my Ranch with me and the horses. It seems a joy for them to be here because I always get very good reviews.  I have no idea what to do.  I totally rely on my AirBnB business.  It is what gets me through and is a happy experience as well .....until now!  What do I do?  It's a big mystery as to why they are doing this to me! And I have no recourse to finding out!  I have tried for almost 2 weeks to find an answer..  what to do?!

Mandy75
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Have you got your listing back? Same thing has happened to us. We complained to Airbnb about the noise made late at night by a guest who brought in her friends and was making a lot of noise on the front steps at 1am. A neighbour came over to tell them to be quiet. We mentioned that this had been captured on our exterior security camera which is disclosed in the listing. Shortly afterwards we discovered we had been suspended when we checked the calendar. No reason given. Told it was handled by a different team and to wait for updates. Now more than 24 hours. 

Hi @Mandy75 I'm going through this right now! So infuriating! This is a lesson learned to NEVER ask for help from Airbnb.

Could you tell me how long you were suspended for? 

Ariela11
Level 2
Miami, FL

I’ve always feared this worst case scenario. But the day has come. I noticed that they were not collecting occupancy taxes for one of my listings - I reached out asking for an explanation and low and behold, SUSPENDED. No notification of it either. My husband is an attorney and I’d like to take legal action. Has anyone been successful in pursuing legal action? HELP!!

JoAnn1679
Level 2
Miami, FL

Did anything ever come of this? I am on the same boat!!!