Calendar Bug - stuck on 30-night minimum

Answered!
Breez19
Level 2
Miami, FL

Calendar Bug - stuck on 30-night minimum

Hi Airbnb Community! I've run into an issue that started as soon as the new "Early Access features" rolled out this summer

We have a listing that we had set to a "30-night minimum stay" up until March 2024 and we set this up before the features rolled out.

Now, we are wanting to switch the 30-night minimum to a 14-night minimum. However, the interface will now allow for us to adjust any of our minimum night stays for any night through March 2024...we've tried changing to 2-night, 1-night, and various other minimum night stay amounts with no luck. It remains stuck on a 30-night minimum no matter what we do. I've even tried custom nights through the new calendar and it will only change for dates after March 2024.

Please see the screenshot below -- has anyone encountered this problem? If so, have you found a solution?

Thanks!

glitchglitch

1 Best Answer

Hi @Breez19 !

Yes…looks like the only way to override the previous settings for min stay is to turn on Professional Tools and create a Rule Set to apply in the Multi-Calendar Display for now (lots of other posts about this 😒)  Are you trying to change the min stay using a Rule Set? If not, you'll have to turn on Professional Tools in your Account and then use a Rule Set to change the min stay for the dates.

Here are the articles and screen shots below. Pro Tools used to be only for hosts with 6 listings or more, but now any host can use Pro Tools.

Click Profile Pix

Click Account

Choose Professional Hosting Tools

Click Manage

Turn on Pro Tools

Turn on Professional Tools

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499

Using Rule Sets

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061/

Pro Tools.png

Rule Sets Multi Calendar.png

Rule Set Min Stay.png

Hope this helps! Let us know if it works for you!

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi @Breez19 !

Yes…looks like the only way to override the previous settings for min stay is to turn on Professional Tools and create a Rule Set to apply in the Multi-Calendar Display for now (lots of other posts about this 😒)  Are you trying to change the min stay using a Rule Set? If not, you'll have to turn on Professional Tools in your Account and then use a Rule Set to change the min stay for the dates.

Here are the articles and screen shots below. Pro Tools used to be only for hosts with 6 listings or more, but now any host can use Pro Tools.

Click Profile Pix

Click Account

Choose Professional Hosting Tools

Click Manage

Turn on Pro Tools

Turn on Professional Tools

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499

Using Rule Sets

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061/

Pro Tools.png

Rule Sets Multi Calendar.png

Rule Set Min Stay.png

Hope this helps! Let us know if it works for you!

Wow @Joan2709 - this has officially worked for me!

I had done your method and at first it did work for allowing me to override the bug.

However, for any dates I did not use the "rule-set", the default would revert to a 30-day stay minimum up until March 2024.

After this I reached out to support and they had me delete the rule set and then everything went back to normal...so I can now adjust custom stay length in the regular multi calendar. Thanks!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Breez19 Thank you so much for coming back and sharing what worked for you! This will surely help other members as well.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you SO much for posting this. Airbnb technical support has been completely clueless on why my listing was stating I needed 3 night minimum ( when I had my settings to say 2 night minimum). 

I followed your instructions and BOOM it worked!!! 

Bless you. 

👏Yessss! 👏

Glad it worked!

Hi, have you heard of any other solutions to this issue? I already have professional hosting tools turned on, and I tried playing around with rule sets. I’ve spent hours on this myself trying different things, and lots of time on multiple phone calls with customer support. Nothing seems to work. I have one listing stuck on a 29-night minimum. And another listing has 1-night minimums pop up randomly. Every couple of days I go in and delete them, but they keep showing up. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Hi @Michelle2152 

Without being able to see your calendars, its difficult to analyze what might be happening? Are you using any third-party services attached to your Airbnb account? Dynamic Pricing or Channel Manager? Some of these will not allow you to use Pro Tools and Rule Sets on your calendar. 

If not using a 3rd party software, you could try to delete all the Rule Sets Then logoff your account on all devices. Then login back in and see if that corrects it. I would turn off Instant Book first (if you have any properties using it) before doing this. 

Thats all I can think of at the moment...