Calendar Questions: Weekends only AND is it possible to reuse a calendar "special setting"

Cindy932
Level 2
Menomonee Falls, WI

Calendar Questions: Weekends only AND is it possible to reuse a calendar "special setting"

Hello! I've done a little sleuthing, but have two questions that just aren't clear. 

1) My BNB is only available Fri-Sat-Sun. I require a 2-night minimum. I understand that there are booking rules I can set up to make this arrangement my "standard," but I'm not really understanding it.

2) On occasion, I would like to use the "special settings" for a given calendar day. For instance, I'd like to make a particular day a 1-night stay. So, I click the "Special settings" for that day and create a "special setting" with a title: "1-night stay exception." Is there any way to reuse the same "special setting" on a different day? If there is, I can't find it.

Thanks soooo much!

Cindy

14 Replies 14
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Cindy932 make Friday the only check in day and Sunday or Monday the only check out day with a max stay of 3 nights and a min of 2 nights

OMG, that is so clear. Thanks so much!!

@Mike-And-Jane0 Sorry to be a pest, but I've blocked it as you suggested, and Mondays are not allowed checkout dates.

Cindy932_0-1681149652665.png

@Cindy932 I am confused - Is it sorted now? If you have Instant Book switched on I suggest switching it off until this is sorted out

It's not sorted, unfortunately. The image I shared shows that you can't book Sunday night to check out on Monday. Not an option, despite your lovely directions, which I thought for sure would work!

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much for your attention and help!

C

@Cindy932 The reason you can't arrive Sunday to check out Monday is because you wanted a 2 night min stay.

But shouldn't this rule allow for a Saturday arrival and Monday checkout? 

@Cindy932 Ooops yes I got that wrong. You need to set Saturday as a check in day as well. 

If someone tries to book 3 days the check out days will stop them.

Still not working, unfortunately. 

I've got:

Restricted check-in days: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

Restricted check-out days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday

Minimum stay: 2 nights

Maximum stay 3 nights

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, and of course, it doesn't help that the language for check-in and check-out days is "restricted" instead of "allow," but I think I'm following your advice correctly.

And thanks, again!, for bearing with me on this.

@Cindy932 this is getting annoying now. You seem to have done everything correctly so why it is not working is a mystery to me.

Do you use pro tools with rulesets? If yes then these may be overriding the settings above.

Keep tagging me and we will get to the bottom of this somehow.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Mike-And-Jane0 @Cindy932 ,

Jumping into this discussion and also reaching out to the technical team, if they have any advice regarding this case.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Cindy932 ,

Getting back to the original post of yours and answering them first : 

1.  You can set a rule set with restrictions to the number of nights being booked and can set restrictions to only allow a check-in on Fri / Sat/ Sun.

2. For your 2nd question, you can set a rule set allowing for a 1-night min or max, which will only allow one-night reservations and then you need to save this rule set which can be used on other dates as well from multi-calendar.

As you have 2 listings, the team couldn't look into the specific calendar. Can you help me know which listing calendar, you wish to have these settings?

Also, in case you are still having trouble with the calendar setting, you can also reach out to Airbnb Customer Support to get the necessary help!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Bhumika if this is technical's answer then it is a shame. @Cindy932 should be able to do what she wants without rulesets which will only complicate things

The basic settings in availability don't seem to be working for her.