Calender start on MONDAY

Answered!
Ulrika25
Level 2
Hörningsholm, Sweden

Calender start on MONDAY

If I select English UK then the calender starts with Monday.

If I select Sweden (part of Europe) then the calender starts with Sunday.

I am on Windows 10. All other calenders starts on monday, and so does the app in the phone.

Has anyone found a solution ??

(AirBnB support only provides Word-sallad on the matter.)

1 Best Answer
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Ulrika25,

There's a great answer here from @Emiel1 and some more threads on the calendar start dates: 

"The weeks on the calender start on Sunday in regions where it is common (United States, Canada, Japan and some more). Same for mondays (=ISO 8601 standard) for the rest of the world) . So it depends which Airbnb website you use."

Calendar view
iPhone and iPad

Hopefully this helps. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Ulrika25,

There's a great answer here from @Emiel1 and some more threads on the calendar start dates: 

"The weeks on the calender start on Sunday in regions where it is common (United States, Canada, Japan and some more). Same for mondays (=ISO 8601 standard) for the rest of the world) . So it depends which Airbnb website you use."

Calendar view
iPhone and iPad

Hopefully this helps. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

This is not a good answer at all. 

Both Sweden, Norway and the UK is in europe, and uses ISO 8601, however only airbnb.co.uk shows the calendar with weeks starting on monday. airbnb.no and airbnb.se shows incorrectly that the week starts on sundays, and only on the webpage. The app is ok. 

I tried to contact support regarding this both by chat and on the phone, but Airbnb doesn't seem to even try to understand the frustration and doesnt seem to want to fix this. 

I'm so tired of my calendar showing Sunday as the first day of the week!!! I live in Denmark, Europe and I want to see Monday as the first day... I have written to support several times about this issue but they just keep replying that "they are working on fixing it"... It's been like this for more than 4 months!!! It was showing correctly before, so I don't understand why it takes Airbnb ages to fix this...

not correct... I live in Denmark, Europe, and calendar shows Sunday as the first day... 😞 this issue is not solved, pls. refer to my answer to Ulrika below...

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ulrika25 I am confused as to why you state Sweden is part of Europe but do not say that the UK is also part of Europe. What relevance is Europe I am wondering.

I think Ulrika is asking as to why calendars in other European countries show Sunday as the first day, whereas UK shows Monday. In all Europe it's custom to start the week by Monday. So if they can do it with the UK calendar why can't they fix it with the other European calendars?