Can’t see my rooms listed

I put two rooms on line 

but can’t see my listing 

had no enquiries 

1 Best Answer
John2406
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Gillian384 The only suggestions I'd make over and above what @Mike-And-Jane0  suggested, relate to maybe providing some more information regarding each room, plus how close your Guests will be to amenities that they may well be interested in using?

The only other suggestion (which I suppose is really more like a comment), is will anyone know where "Hunny" actually is?

Whilst we all want to promote our places in the best way possible to draw in Guests (to our Honey pot of somewhere to stay), would I be right in saying that many who either don't come to Hunstanton often, as well as those who've never been there before, wouldn't (or might not) recognise where "Sunny Hunny" actually is?

Something we all have to recognise, especially now that AI is getting a foothold in everywhere, is that besides Airbnb, the likes of  Google and most of the other search engines all depend upon key phrases these days (and the phrases include key words) in order to highlight and promote to anyone searching for just about everything - except in all of our cases, its Accommodation we want Guests to be searching for, and it's your and my and @Mike-And-Jane0 's accommodation in particular we all hope they'll see.

To put that a slightly different way, anything that Google /Bing / Yahoo / DuckDuckGo and all of the other search engines will be looking for, are what their own customers will be looking for, so if they had someone - for instance - searching for chocolate easter bunnies, then any website that is signed up to Google Analytics, or any of the other S.E's analytics will be searching for not only those separate words, but primarily that string (or key phrase) of words.

Hopefully you can see from that silly way of my explaining, that if you used the word Hunstanton in the title of your listing, that would help you far more than what you currently have, whilst if you could expand the title just a bit more (omitting the name of your property if you really feel daring?!)  to something that says a bit more about either the rooms, or the location (or both)  - and as Mike-AndJane0  suggest -  -"Perhaps search in your area and compare your listing to other private rooms in the area" doing that would give you a better perspective on their own wording.

One thing I would also suggest you do whilst looking at your "Competitors" wording, is to take a bit of time and look to see their calendars, to see which of them already have bookings, and when they're for  -  and which of them aren't doing very well -   and then compare their Headings, as well as their descriptions of their rooms, to see whether any specific words or phrases jump out at you!

Whilst I'm not saying to copy any of the other businesses' wordings for your area, you certainly would want to emulate (that's a good word!) the key phrases they use, as if no-one has been viewing your listings,  you certainly need to find a way that will draw Guests in,

Hopefully some, if not all of the above, will be of help to you.

All the best!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gillian384 I can see your listings so they do appear to be published. I do wonder if £90/night is a tad high but I don't know your market. Perhaps search in your area and compare your listing to other private rooms in the area. Also worth checking what hotels are charging.

Thanks for your reply think I need to 

drop the price appreciate your help

regards Gillian 

John2406
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Gillian384 The only suggestions I'd make over and above what @Mike-And-Jane0  suggested, relate to maybe providing some more information regarding each room, plus how close your Guests will be to amenities that they may well be interested in using?

The only other suggestion (which I suppose is really more like a comment), is will anyone know where "Hunny" actually is?

Whilst we all want to promote our places in the best way possible to draw in Guests (to our Honey pot of somewhere to stay), would I be right in saying that many who either don't come to Hunstanton often, as well as those who've never been there before, wouldn't (or might not) recognise where "Sunny Hunny" actually is?

Something we all have to recognise, especially now that AI is getting a foothold in everywhere, is that besides Airbnb, the likes of  Google and most of the other search engines all depend upon key phrases these days (and the phrases include key words) in order to highlight and promote to anyone searching for just about everything - except in all of our cases, its Accommodation we want Guests to be searching for, and it's your and my and @Mike-And-Jane0 's accommodation in particular we all hope they'll see.

To put that a slightly different way, anything that Google /Bing / Yahoo / DuckDuckGo and all of the other search engines will be looking for, are what their own customers will be looking for, so if they had someone - for instance - searching for chocolate easter bunnies, then any website that is signed up to Google Analytics, or any of the other S.E's analytics will be searching for not only those separate words, but primarily that string (or key phrase) of words.

Hopefully you can see from that silly way of my explaining, that if you used the word Hunstanton in the title of your listing, that would help you far more than what you currently have, whilst if you could expand the title just a bit more (omitting the name of your property if you really feel daring?!)  to something that says a bit more about either the rooms, or the location (or both)  - and as Mike-AndJane0  suggest -  -"Perhaps search in your area and compare your listing to other private rooms in the area" doing that would give you a better perspective on their own wording.

One thing I would also suggest you do whilst looking at your "Competitors" wording, is to take a bit of time and look to see their calendars, to see which of them already have bookings, and when they're for  -  and which of them aren't doing very well -   and then compare their Headings, as well as their descriptions of their rooms, to see whether any specific words or phrases jump out at you!

Whilst I'm not saying to copy any of the other businesses' wordings for your area, you certainly would want to emulate (that's a good word!) the key phrases they use, as if no-one has been viewing your listings,  you certainly need to find a way that will draw Guests in,

Hopefully some, if not all of the above, will be of help to you.

All the best!

Gillian384
Level 1
Hunstanton, United Kingdom

Thanks John it’s all been a help totally grateful 

regards Gillian