Can you Critique my listing? -Nicole from Atascocita, Texas

Answered!

Can you Critique my listing? -Nicole from Atascocita, Texas

Hello, I'm @Nicole2536 .

I have my first listing and I am not getting so many bookings.

Would you please critique and let me know which photo I should use first and what stands out in terms of amenities.  

Thanks

1 Best Answer

@Nicole2536   The reason you're not getting any bookings is that all your calendar dates after this week are blocked. That makes the home impossible to book.

The current lead photo catches the eye quite well because of the vibrant color scheme and lighting, but I think the one taken from the other side of the living room, showing the dining table and kitchen at the back, better captures the dynamics of the living space.

Your flair for design really comes through in the living room and study. The big dedicated workspace and bright, well-stocked kitchen stand out as amenities. You might want to make some adjustments in terms of how the listing is targeted, though. For example, your title and descriptions foreground the home's proximity to the airport, but that tends to only be an asset for very short bookings - leisurely vacationers associate a nearby major airport with extra noise and traffic.

Also, while you offer sleeping space for up to 7, the dining table and patio both offer only enough seating for 4 people. That would pose a problem for a group of 5 to 7. I'd recommend reducing your occupancy limit to 4 and nixing the living room as a sleeping space.

The private backyard has a lot of potential to attract longer stays, but in the long term it could benefit from having a few more features - whatever is appropriate to your budget and climate for people to enjoy outdoors. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

@Nicole2536   The reason you're not getting any bookings is that all your calendar dates after this week are blocked. That makes the home impossible to book.

The current lead photo catches the eye quite well because of the vibrant color scheme and lighting, but I think the one taken from the other side of the living room, showing the dining table and kitchen at the back, better captures the dynamics of the living space.

Your flair for design really comes through in the living room and study. The big dedicated workspace and bright, well-stocked kitchen stand out as amenities. You might want to make some adjustments in terms of how the listing is targeted, though. For example, your title and descriptions foreground the home's proximity to the airport, but that tends to only be an asset for very short bookings - leisurely vacationers associate a nearby major airport with extra noise and traffic.

Also, while you offer sleeping space for up to 7, the dining table and patio both offer only enough seating for 4 people. That would pose a problem for a group of 5 to 7. I'd recommend reducing your occupancy limit to 4 and nixing the living room as a sleeping space.

The private backyard has a lot of potential to attract longer stays, but in the long term it could benefit from having a few more features - whatever is appropriate to your budget and climate for people to enjoy outdoors. 

@Anonymous Thank you!  This is helpful.  There must be an issue.  I've been getting bookings in December, but perhaps there is an issue that I need to look into.  Thanks so much for the feedback.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Nicole2536  What @Anonymous said, with one more bit of advice: raise your price. Low prices tend to attract low quality guests, who bring issues along with their spending preferences. 

I am happy to make more money.  Thank you.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Nicole2536  It's really lovely.  Everything Andrew said, and I would definitely add some shrubs/plants to the back yard and potentially increase the seating...but of course that also depends on whether  you do or do not want to entice people to hang out in the back yard, depending on the neighbors.  Good luck!

@Anonymous and @Mark116   Thanks.  I have ordered some new seating.