Can you find my place?

Denelle1
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

Can you find my place?

I'm new to Airbnb and was contacted by a guest whose sister wanted to book with me but she couldn't find my ad. A couple of weeks ago I added a requirement that people have government ID to book my unit. Since adding that requirement the views of my place have fallen off a cliff and no one is booking (and I don't think seeing) my unit. It is a beautiful unit in a very high demand tourist location where there is an article in the main newspaper saying that hotel bookings in the past few weeks have skyrocketed! So,  I'm hoping you fine folks can give any suggestions, such as, do I need to remove the ID requirement? Does Airbnb penalize for requiring ID? And, perhaps most important, can you find my ad? It used to be that you could search Esquimalt, BC, Canada and it would come up. Do you see it? Please help!

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Denelle1 

Your personal URL to the search system shows your listing is in the search system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=9269128&map_toggle=true

When searching maybe zoom in some more on the map.

You can also check in menu "insight", section "conversion" the amout of recent views.

When there is a lot of competition in an area, only max 300 listings are shown, zooming in on the map will bring up more listings.

Thank you! Does that mean you did find it if you just searched Airbnb.com "Esquimalt, BC, Canada"?

Francesca1597
Level 2
Kamloops, Canada

I entered 'Esquimalt"  - 43 places were shown. The Airbnb in the link posted by Emiel1 was not among the 43.