Cannot rent my property

Cannot rent my property

I have a listing not getting any reservations. The property is great price is rreasonable

9 Replies 9
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Ahdy2 it does in fact look like a wonderful listing. When did you list it?

Three weeks ago

i I have two listings I am talking about Dolphin watch listing

Karen4131
Level 10
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Ahdy2 

What a place with a fantastic location.

Here are a few things to consider.

Airbnb’s search algorithm favors places it expects to be easiest to rent out among the 300 listings it chooses to show for any given search.

To get a higher ranking with a new listing, where you don’t have status as a guest favorite, super host, or have many good reviews, you need to compete on price. Set the price low in the beginning until the aforementioned things are in place. After that, you can start to raise the price.

It might also be a good idea to take advantage of Airbnb’s promotions under “Pricing” with a 20% discount for the first 3 guests. This will also boost your ranking.

You have a huge advantage with the house’s fine location by the beach. Make sure to show this in your cover photo and among the first 5 pictures in your image list, which are the ones Airbnb shows at the top when someone clicks on your listing.

If you are not already categorized under “Beach front” and “Amazing views”, then get it documented with photos and contact Airbnb by phone and ask them to help with this. If not, you will be excluded if potential guest clicks the category, and that’s very misleading of course.

In terms of photos in general, there might also be an opportunity to optimize a bit here. The place, both indoors and outdoors, is fundamentally fantastic, but I think you could make it a bit more inviting with some elements that create warmth and coziness. If you’re serious about renting, it would be a good investment to ally yourself with a professional photographer and possibly a decorator, who could arrange and take pictures on a beautiful sunny day that matches your competitors in the area. - Just an idea.

With this place, you should be able to make a fantastic business and delight many Airbnb guests with a fantastic holiday.

Good luck with everything.

Best regards

Karen

Hi @Ahdy2 

When your property isn't attracting reservations despite being reasonably priced and well-presented, it's crucial to delve into potential reasons and strategize for improvement. Here are a few suggestions you may consider:

Firstly, I'll say optimize your listing by ensuring high-quality photos, a compelling and detailed description, and update amenities. Also highlight unique features of your property and the local area.

Secondly, Use tools like Airbnb’s pricing suggestions or consider a dynamic pricing tool to stay competitive without undervaluing your property.

Thirdly,  beyond Airbnb, utilize social media and local tourism websites to increase visibility. Engaging in local host communities can also provide exposure.

Fourthly, If you've had guests before, politely ask for reviews. No reviews yet? Ask friends or family to critique your listing objectively.** This understanding can guide adjustments to your offering and marketing approach.

Lastly, be responsive to inquiries and flexible with booking terms if possible. Excellent communication can set you apart from competitors. Also consider adjusting your strategy based on seasonal demand, offering discounts during slow periods, or highlighting seasonal attractions near your property.

I believe that by addressing these areas systematically, you can enhance your property’s appeal and increase your chances of securing bookings. 

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

Joel44
Level 2
Dallas, TX

I believe 108 photos are too many; I would reduce them down to less than 30.  I think too many of your photos show the same thing. Your primary photo is of the bedroom: I don't think that's what you're selling here. I would show off that dock. 

In the first 5 photos, 4 are of the exterior of the home, and I don't find 3 of those very interesting.  Your first 5 photos should all be of different areas and really pop.  Your photos appear to be taken by an amateur.  Look at some youtube videos on how to take great Airbnb photos.  

A $350 cleaning fee is a lot.  That would turn me off if I were booking.  I appreciate the hard costs, but that is my impression.  

You say it's a great price, but when I search for places available for four people in a few weeks, your place seems to be on the high end.  You need some reviews, and you need to show me right away why your place might be worth more.  You might consider lowering the price to get some people in there first. 

Just some thoughts! Good luck!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Ahdy2 👋

How are you getting on? Have you had any bookings for Dolphin Watch yet? Did any of the answers below support you in making some changes to your listing? 

It'd be great to hear from you.
Rebecca 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I have two reservations so far.

Please review the listing and let me know if I need to make any changes

Thanks

Hi 🙂

I didn't realize your house is beach front, and so wonderfully located, until very late in the pictures. 

I suggest taking the one showing your house with the sea left next to it, and one of the indoor garden pictures showing you can sit/eat/drink with this amazing view, up to the first 4 pictures.

Of course, it's important where to sleep, but to my taste thr bedrooms are too much in focus, and too many showing the same in too many angles/lightings/qualities. Now knowing what incredible setting your house is in, I would definitely focus on that more to have it more obvious on the first glance. 

Good luck! 😊

Thanks a lot for the advice I will follow your recommendations

Thanks again