Categories National Parks

Answered!
Misty43
Level 4
Burbank, CA

Categories National Parks

My house is at the entrance to the Joshua Tree National Park but I notice I do not come up anywhere in the National Parks category for that area. Actually there is only one home that does, they are a close neighbor to me, and there are hundreds of rentals in the same area that don't. I have the wording "Joshua Tree National Park" all through my description and listing even in my title. Anyone know anything about this? What criteria you need to be included in a category? When I search on airbnb help it just shows a video that they have added new categories but doesn't show how to be added to that category. Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Misty43 ,

Other than mentioning the wording, have you added relevant photos to support it?

Listings are curated by evaluating titles, descriptions, photo captions, and so on. However, Hosts cannot currently manually categorize their own listings because they are algorithmically categorized.

As a result, by selecting all relevant amenities and highlighting them with relevant photos, you can increase your chances of appearing in a specific category.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Misty43 ,

Other than mentioning the wording, have you added relevant photos to support it?

Listings are curated by evaluating titles, descriptions, photo captions, and so on. However, Hosts cannot currently manually categorize their own listings because they are algorithmically categorized.

As a result, by selecting all relevant amenities and highlighting them with relevant photos, you can increase your chances of appearing in a specific category.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I have one photo of hiking in the national park but I could add more it would help, thanks for the suggestion! I live 1 mile from the entrance which is very close so I thought my proximity distance would help also many of my reviews contain guests reviewing their experience of going into the national park and how close my property is to it.