Categories have arrived. Now how do we get put in them?

Answered!
James2743
Level 9
Norfolk, United Kingdom

Categories have arrived. Now how do we get put in them?

Looking this morning on the app I noticed that a new section in listing has appeared, Categories! So we can all see what categories our properties are in.

In my case none.......

Despite my place being in the countryside bordering a nature reserve, in the middle of a national park,  and with a 6 storey windmill in the garden it doesn't appear in the countryside category, the national park category or the windmill category.

Other than the standard update your listing quote (which I have done a dozen times in the last few months), can you tell me how we get our categories updated please.

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yes and that admin... was me! Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 Reading this thread with raised eyebrows.

@James2743 I'll DM you privately and we can take a look at your Categories.

Thanks for sharing here

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

23 Replies 23

Hi @Stephanie ! Maybe you can help me because I am still wondering what more can I do? After almost one year, the listing still doesn't appear in the category "amazing views" (even though the listing is all about the view, countless keywords: in the title, listing description and captions. Main photo (and several other ones) is the view as well as probably all the reviews the listing had. I asked the Airbnb support multiple times but all I got was generic answers or guidelines...

Thank you in advance and have a nice day

airbnb.com/h/skyfallkotor

James2743
Level 9
Norfolk, United Kingdom

Can someone please suggest a more direct approach to proving to the Airbnb learning machine learning that there is a windmill in the garden than this!

One of my listings photo's.

Web-1.jpgWith the tagline: Scenic views of our quirky and characterful 170-year-old windmill

Can someone please suggest a more direct approach to proving to the Airbnb machine learning that my property is in a National Park?

I use the phrase "at the heart of the Norfolk Broads National Park" 3 times in the text and 5 times in the taglines.I also include the following photo.index.png

with the Tagline: Broads National Park

@James2743 perhaps fotoshop some sails onto the windmill? 

I suspect the listing has to be inside the windmill to count (but I don't know).

I'd happily accept that if someone actually told me and would engage past the standard cut and paste reply. 🤔

I could even stomach it if when I search through the windmills category I didn't find several places that have their listings next to a windmill.

I'm not sure how they would justify the National Park and Countryside categories though? 😕

@James2743 Do you give tours of the windmill or is it unsafe?

279308088_345956150743767_7696386228306793187_n.jpg

I do have this picture included on my listing?

I called customer service at least ten times and now I am not in any category, complaining obviously hasn't worked. 

Patty352
Level 2
Bamburgh, United Kingdom

I'm having similar long running battle trying to get my three listings in the Countryside category.  My listings are right next to fields with uninterrupted views across fields for three miles but Airbnb won't put my listings in Countryside.  However other properties in the village, not next to fields and without countryside views are in the Countryside category.  I have clear photos of the views across fields from my listings but Airbnb still won't add to Countryside.  This is madness and infuriating.

Rita2979
Level 2
Lake Luzerne, NY

I was in countryside and want to be in camping, as I have a campsite.  All I get are robo answers, that tell me to change things, but nothing has helped.  I did go from skiing, which I am not even open during ski season, to countryside and now after complaining some more, they took me out of every category.  Guess they showed me.