Check in and check out

Anoop16
Level 6
Bhopal, India

Check in and check out

Although space is given for mentioning check in and check out instruction for the guests, I have many times as a host experienced that at times the guests do not clearly follow what has been mentioned in the instructions. Recently AirBnB has introduced photo tour of the property which is good BUT in my opinion there should be a facility of uploading a walk through video (1) for the overview of the property (2) for the check in and check out instructions for the guests. I am sure this will enhance the AirBnB features and shall have a positive response. It will surely be liked by the guests and so by the hosts. Many things can be visualized rather than read. I request other hosts to give positive response on this. Thanks

8 Replies 8

Hi @Anoop16 

Hosts have been asking for a long time to be able to add videos to the messaging system, but Airbnb has not added that functionality yet.

Howver, you can send images to guests if you like using the message system. You would need the images saved on your computer or on your phone. Click the "+" sign next to the message platter and simply attach the image to the message and send to guest.

Send Image.png

Thanks. Updating every guest is a bit cumbersome. I hope Airbnb looks into this. Good day

Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Anoop16,

A video walk through option would be nice to give guests some bearings of your space. It is not available at the moment. 

For check in instructions, when I set up my listing in June 2023, I had pictures with detailed captions, even put a red arrow on where to park on the street or on our driveway, with step by step pictures to our suite. This is sent to guests the day before check in. It is very helpful (many guests have said) however is not useful if guests do not read the instructions. We have had people walk through the wrong side gate, ring the doorbell saying they were here, even walk up our stairs to our back balcony because they didn’t read the instructions.

We are happy to help them out but this could have been avoided if they read the detailed check in instructions with pictures. 

Absolutely, and don't you feel it's so tedious to make every guest understand. It's my experience that videos are more effective rather than pics of written down instructions. Hope Airbnb takes this feedback seriously. Thanks 

@Anoop16,

I agree video capability would be best but it’s a software development issue that may or may not be a priority because videos take a lot of memory to store, they are dealing with other software glitches, and new rollouts, or features.  Since Airbnb is a large company I would guess it would be easy to add this feature. They have to moderate what is uploaded and videos are harder to moderate than pictures are. This may be a potential reason why they have not added the feature yet?

My pics are clear of where to park, the walkway, the picture of the door, and has only 1-2 sentences in a caption below the picture.

True @Lorina14 , storage is an issue but they can limit the size of video. I know there is an option to compress uploaded video online to reduce the size, but has to be taken care by their development team. Let's hope for the best some day. Thanks 

Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Bhumika @Paula @Rebecca could you assist with sending this recommendation to the right team? It appears it’s been a requested feature by some hosts for a while (see @Joan2709’s comment below).

@Anoop16 has some valid points and I know video capability is a nice feature. Maybe it could prevent unnecessary support calls from guests who didn’t read the check in instructions or unhappy guests who thought the amenities would look differently?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Lorina14

We've taken it away to the relevant teams. Thank you for the tag. 

@Anoop16 - thank you so much for your feedback. We have taken this away but you can always leave further feedback through the feedback form. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines