Check out times half hour

Diana242
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Check out times half hour

I've been struggling for years with the lack of half hour check in/out.

My house rules and messages read check out 10.30am while the default airbnb setting is by the hour 10am.

It reflects poorly to have unclear communication.

The listing is orientated to large families & small kids so that extra half hour from 10 - 10.30 can be a lifesaver to get organised & out. (or find the missing shoe)

11 is just not enough time for the cleaners.

When will we be able to access half hours?

1 Reply 1

@Diana242   I don't know if there's any plan underway to change that, but here's another angle:  setting a firm checkout time as 10 AM on your listing gives you the chance to offer an extra half hour of wiggle room selectively, as a favor to guests who have earned your trust. If they receive it as a personalized offer, they're less likely to take it for granted. Meanwhile, if you have suspicions that a group might have trouble making it out at 10, you can choose not to offer the extension, and leave yourself in less of a bind if they miss it.

There will always be some people who leave things to the last minute, no matter when you set your checkout time. The key is to always be one step ahead of them with your own planning.