Cohosting in Costa Rica - how to go about it?

Answered!

Cohosting in Costa Rica - how to go about it?

I used to be a host in South Africa and have managed many properties outside of Airbnb. I have moved to Costa Rica and would love to cohost here but I believe you need to have a well-established profile, is there any other way of becoming a cohost if you are starting out on a new profile?

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jess5376, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center.

I am sharing a guide here on >>how to become an Airbnb co-host, which might give you some insights. Additionally, posting in the >>Spanish Community Center could be beneficial, as there are many Hosts from Costa Rica who can offer their opinions.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jess5376, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center.

I am sharing a guide here on >>how to become an Airbnb co-host, which might give you some insights. Additionally, posting in the >>Spanish Community Center could be beneficial, as there are many Hosts from Costa Rica who can offer their opinions.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Paula Thank you for your response and links. I had a read through that article and it mentions certain locations for cohosting but not South Africa (which I believe cohosting is already active) and Costa Rica. Can you share some light on this?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want to set up a co-hosting service it's like any other business. Put together a business plan to identify what you offer and how it's different/better than your competitors. Then develop a marketing plan  to help you identify how you are going to market your service to hosts you've identified as your potential customer base @Jess5376

You say you've been a host (although I can't see this on your profile).

If you want to host in Costa Rica you will need a decent level of Spanish.

You are right most hosts understandably prefer to work with cohosts who have extensive experience as hosts themselves, good contacts with local trades people and cleaners and a good understanding of any STR regulations that apply to your location.

Thank you @Helen3  for the helpful tips. 

Yes my profile does not reflect as this is a new profile I have started. I do have great contacts and an Intermediate level of Spanish. Now I just need to work on that business plan. 

Where would you suggest marketing myself?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As I said your business plan will help you identify your target audience and through your market research your marketing plan will help you identify the best channels and activities to use to reach them . @Jess5376 

If you were a SH in South Africa you can register on Airbnb as a cohost.,