Critic my listing, John, Canada

Answered!
John-and-Marley0
Level 2
Charlottetown, Canada

Critic my listing, John, Canada

Hi all,  We have had our property listed with Airbnb for about 3 years.  We have had some success but really want to make some improvements to listing information and would greatly appreciate some constructive criticism.  I have included a link to our property https://www.Airbnb.com/h/johnmarley    Thanks in advance

1 Best Answer

Hi John and Marley!

Wow! Great location! Looks like a great summer destination, but looks like it gets really cold in the winter! Some suggestions you can try below. Looks like your property (and others) are probably only summer/seasonal, so I'm sure you want to maximize your bookings 😊. Looks like your doing pretty well!

Title

What is the best feature(s) of your property as compared to your competition? “Modern, Spacious and Bright” could apply to many other properties in the area. Your location and some amenities are what I would highlight in your title. Guests will be able to tell your property is modern, spacious and bright from the number of bedrooms and photos. Since you’re within walking distance of the downtown area, and mention the North Shore beaches as a popular destination, I would try something like:

“Heart of Charlottetown! Near North Shore Beaches”

• or you could highlight some key amenities like:

Heart of Charlottetown with Deck and Fireplace”

Description

I would move the factual information about ceramic tile and hardwood floors, etc. to “The Space” section. You want to describe how guests will feel at your property and what they can do in area. They already know from the Airbnb title that it is a 3bed 2.5 bath home, so I would save space in the description for why they should book your place over a competitor listing. Maybe something like:

“Perfect summer vacation spot to relax, unwind and explore! Plenty of outdoor space: large yard, upper deck, BBQ and custom fire pit. Walk to our historic and colorful shopping district for morning coffee at local roasteries. Stroll along Victoria Park Boardwalk; kids can enjoy the pool and splashpad! Head out to our spectacular white and red sand North Shore Beaches (15min drive) to soak up the sun for the day. Head back to town and enjoy dinner/craft beers at our local pubs and restaurants.”

Cover Photo

You really want a fantastic cover photo that will make people stop scrolling and click your listing thumbnail. I would take a photo looking towards the house at twilight. Turn on every light in the house. Add string lights to the deck and turn those on too. Get a fire going in the firepit. Re-take the photo looking toward the house with the firepit in the foreground. When there is a warm glow from all the lights, but you can still see the house clearly, take multiple photos from different angles. 

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes!

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Suzanne972
Level 5
Alpharetta, GA

Hi @John-and-Marley0 ,

First, let me start by saying your pictures are gorgeous! The house is beautifully staged. As a matter of fact, we live about 30 minutes from Gainesville and I think will need to book this for a getaway at some point

I noticed in one of your pictures, it looks like the lake is that possibly , Lanier in the background? If so, my recommendation would be maybe adding a few more pictures about the lake, and what things there are to do around the lake while staying at your place.
I hope that helps a little bit. All the best, Suzanne.

@Suzanne972 Thanks for the feedback. Property is not near a lake, but we have a deck sitting in back yard, that we could get some extra pictures of.  We are actually located in Charlottetown, PE, Canada.  Thanks again for the feedback

Hi John and Marley!

Wow! Great location! Looks like a great summer destination, but looks like it gets really cold in the winter! Some suggestions you can try below. Looks like your property (and others) are probably only summer/seasonal, so I'm sure you want to maximize your bookings 😊. Looks like your doing pretty well!

Title

What is the best feature(s) of your property as compared to your competition? “Modern, Spacious and Bright” could apply to many other properties in the area. Your location and some amenities are what I would highlight in your title. Guests will be able to tell your property is modern, spacious and bright from the number of bedrooms and photos. Since you’re within walking distance of the downtown area, and mention the North Shore beaches as a popular destination, I would try something like:

“Heart of Charlottetown! Near North Shore Beaches”

• or you could highlight some key amenities like:

Heart of Charlottetown with Deck and Fireplace”

Description

I would move the factual information about ceramic tile and hardwood floors, etc. to “The Space” section. You want to describe how guests will feel at your property and what they can do in area. They already know from the Airbnb title that it is a 3bed 2.5 bath home, so I would save space in the description for why they should book your place over a competitor listing. Maybe something like:

“Perfect summer vacation spot to relax, unwind and explore! Plenty of outdoor space: large yard, upper deck, BBQ and custom fire pit. Walk to our historic and colorful shopping district for morning coffee at local roasteries. Stroll along Victoria Park Boardwalk; kids can enjoy the pool and splashpad! Head out to our spectacular white and red sand North Shore Beaches (15min drive) to soak up the sun for the day. Head back to town and enjoy dinner/craft beers at our local pubs and restaurants.”

Cover Photo

You really want a fantastic cover photo that will make people stop scrolling and click your listing thumbnail. I would take a photo looking towards the house at twilight. Turn on every light in the house. Add string lights to the deck and turn those on too. Get a fire going in the firepit. Re-take the photo looking toward the house with the firepit in the foreground. When there is a warm glow from all the lights, but you can still see the house clearly, take multiple photos from different angles. 

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes!