Critique My Listing

Critique My Listing

Experienced good success my first year 4 years ago, then had better results on another platform. Prefer Airbnb sites but it is slow going getting bookings for this upcoming summer, only using this site. Thanks for all feedback. Sal

View on AirbnbHome in North port · ★4.95 · 3 bedrooms · 4 beds · 2 bathrooms

11 Replies 11
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sal36 why do you prefer Airbnb?

Airbnb supposably has 60 percent of the market and the name is synonymous with vacation rentals.. VRBO having problems with their platform and need a supervisor, a dozen calls no help site frozen. Why do you ask please?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sal36 I asked just in case it was the low host fee (3%) that attracted you to Airbnb.

Thanks for joining the conversation. Sal

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Sal36, I love your cosy cottage 😍 I hope you don't mind but I edited your post to add a direct link to your listing. This way fellow hosts can view it easily and provide some feedback 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks Sophia that’s very nice of you! Sal

Karen4131
Level 10
Malmö, Sweden

Hello @Sal36 

What a lovely house and fantastic view!

I've been looking at your listing.

Your ranking is quite impressive

Often when people reach out in this forum about the lack of bookings, one of the major challenges is that they rank too low in Airbnb's search results and therefore aren't seen by potential guests.

In your case, that's not the challenge. There are thousands of properties listed on Airbnb in your area, and Airbnb only shows 300 properties out of potentially thousands in any given search, based on what it "thinks" is easiest to rent out.

Your listing is doing quite well in the search results right now. As number 41 in an open search for "Northport, Maine", and as number 6 in a search for "Bayside, Northport, Maine". That's much better than many could hope for. You're not listed as "New," so that's probably not what's boosting you. Airbnb likes you 😊 And that's a huge advantage.

(Note: The search was conducted in Google's incognito mode, browser history, and cookies deleted)

The potential could lie in upgrading your photo

At first glance, I think the difference between listings four years ago and now is that your "competitors" have become more professional in the meantime. Look at the photos in listings in your neighborhood. They often resemble something a real estate photographer has taken. Bright, friendly, and inviting with the right angles and resolution. If I were you, I would invest in a professional photographer (and possibly a decorator to create the perfect cozy atmosphere). They could potentially make all the difference and help ensure that you're chosen when guests are looking for a place to rent in Northport.

That was my ideas. There will likely be other ideas here in the community that can complement them.

Best regards

Karen

Thank you so much Karen, you are very perceptive and I think there is a great deal of facts and merit in what you say. I am going to high a photographer and upgrade my photos. Sal

@Sal36 

Airbnb has this opportunity. I haven't tried it myself, but have a look: airbnb.com/e/pro-photography?

- Karen 🙂

Thanks Karen and funny no speakie  this language. I will use the first link. Lol