Critique my listing - Alex in Kent, UK

Alex-And-Lucie0
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Critique my listing - Alex in Kent, UK

Dear community,

I would be grateful for your critique of my listing. Currently I have some unlet period in the coming weeks and I was wondering how I could improve my listing.

Many thanks,

Alex

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/18044523PXL_20221228_113921914~2.jpg

3 Replies 3
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hi @Alex-And-Lucie0 ,

Overall, it is amazing. I think you did a great job in making it feel like a home away from home. I like the collection of round mirrors on the wall; it is very modern.

consider painting the beams and columns in the living room to a darker shade, preferably a brownish color. This will add warmth to your home and align nicely with the indoor pool wooden style. 

I don't know the local regulations, but even if it is not a must, consider adding some kitchen protection such as a fire extinguisher, a carbon monoxide alarm, and a fire blanket. These are inexpensive to acquire and provide a lot of safety.

One thing I wanted to ask about is the pictures on the walls with the patterns: are those the 3D images that you need to stare at to eventually see a 3D figure? If yes, it's cool but a bit strange unless you made them. If not, consider replacing them with something that will evoke more of the feeling of your special house, its surroundings, local culture (I recall a host here with a property in Mexico who hung Mexican artwork on the walls; it was beautiful), or something that will remind guests of their home. Currently, those patterns do not contribute much to the beauty of your property.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In the UK all short term rental have to have a fire assessment @Guy991 so I'm assuming @Alex-And-Lucie0  have done theirs and are complying with the findings of their assessment.

this includes fire doors, fire and carbon monoxide alarms etc. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Alex-And-Lucie0 

A lovely space.  It's not necessarily about your place not being good enough it's that many places in the UK are suffering from oversaturated markets coupled with falling demand, particularly for more expensive listings.

The best way to attract more bookings is to post across all relevant platforms.

And look at taking direct bookings - you could  then invest in marketing to promote your direct booking channels.