Critique my listing - Emma in Chicago IL, USA

Emma3602
Level 2
Libertyville, IL

Critique my listing - Emma in Chicago IL, USA

Hi everyone! I'm a new host and was hoping to receive some feedback about my listing. Particularly, I'd received a rush of 5 bookings the week before the AI software update, and since the update have had no bookings; my views also dipped from 30/day to 10/day. This may be a coincidence, however after spending time learning about the new AI and reworking my listing with those tools I thought I'd reach out to see if I was missing anything. Also any general feedback is welcome. Attaching two favorite listing photos below. Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1000769041471468144?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=b13e863a-bfe...

Emma3602_0-1699920676608.jpeg 

Emma3602_1-1699920705442.jpeg

5 Replies 5

@Emma3602 

Hello Emma!

What a beautiful cottage you have!  It is so so charming!  

I know your area, as I went to HS in Naperville, and had University roommates from Libertyville. 

As for profile views: It's hard to say what drives the increase of decrease of traffic.  At times our place has lots of people looking at it, and other times, nada..  It comes and goes.

I do have a few suggestions for your profile: 

Pictures are beautiful!! Bravo! 

My over all note is: Tell  us a bit more about your place! As a reader, I want to know more, more, more!.  It is so wonderful, walk us through it like you are telling a story.   

Also, tell us about the area... tell us about the woods... really tell a story.

Libertyville is close to (as people might stay there when visiting nearby):  Northwestern, Lake Forest College or other places.  Give people reasons to stay at your place, as it's close to a lot, but also very secluded. 

While we live in Los Angels, we host our home in Oaxaca, Mexico.  There is a lot of story to tell about our house, and the city of Oaxaca.  But you can do the same for your place!

I have also made a Community Guide to give other hosts ideas on how to tell that story with our Airbnb listing...  

I have copied  the link to the Community Guide and our listing so you can see how we told our story.

Wishing you continued success!   Again, your place is so charming. 

Best, 

John 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Tips-To-Improve-Your-Listing/td-p/1841028

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/650711786712532742?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=341e113f-49f3...

Hi @John7474 , 

Thanks so much for your thoughtful and specific reply and tips, and also for sharing your Community Guide link with me!! Super helpful insights; I'll work on developing and telling the story, I had read a tip about that earlier on and then prioritized other things. Yup, it does look a bit isolated too so that's a helpful idea for how to bring out the strengths of the forest setting while offering more generally all the other attractions to the specific area. And thanks a lot for your overall encouragement about the site. I'm really grateful you took the time.

All best to you!

@Emma3602 

Hi Emma - 

Thank you for your note.  It was my pleasure to give you some suggestions!

I encourage you to add more details... you have such a beautiful place and a really unique property!  It has so much potential and a very unique find with being so close to the city.  It's a perfect place for a "stay cation" in the Chicago area. 

Feel free to send me a note when you have a draft, I can take another look if you wish.  

Best, 

John 

Danlee1
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

I have not been able to clear answer other than Customer Support told me that they were dealing with a number of glitches with the new software. I have been a Superhost for 12 years and am almost always fully booked…my views and bookings have been significantly lower as well.

Thanks Danlee!! Somewhat relieved I'm not the only one experiencing a shift, I really appreciate you sharing and also that you reached out to Customer Support (I did as well). Wishing you all the best as you go forward!