Critique my listing - Islam, Almaty, Kazahkstan

Answered!
Muslim4
Level 6
Almaty, Kazakhstan

Critique my listing - Islam, Almaty, Kazahkstan

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 11.04.05.png

Hello fellows!

I am a newbie host here on Airbnb. My apartment is in a good area of Almaty (Kazakhstan), in the city center. Cozy and pretty nice.
I listed it a couple of weeks ago, set the reasonable price, but there were no reservations. So, I needed to lower the price till the AirBnb minimum limit to get my first reservation. I would like to ask you to take a look at it and provide me with the comments/recommendations on how to make it more attractive.

IMG_3122.JPGIMG_3129.JPG

Here is it:  https://airbnb.com/h/apartment-in-almaty-center

1 Best Answer

Airbnb uses an algorithm to rank your listing when potential guests search for a place to stay.  By blocking so many dates, you are doing a few things that negatively affect your ranking in the search.  First, you are getting a low ranking by the algorithm because Airbnb likes to promote listings that will have more availability.  Second, you are limiting your listing from being seen by any travelers that aren't specifically looking ONLY for the dates you have open on your calendar.  This means nobody sees your listing.  Nobody clicks on your listing.  This causes the algorithm to give your listing an even lower ranking in the search.  This is a self-perpetuating negative spiral. 

Since yours is a new listing, you should be taking advantage of the "boost" that airbnb gives to all new listings.  Open up your calendar as far into the future as you can.  I would say 3 months at a minimum.

Also retake any of your photos that aren't brightly lit.

Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19

I took and added a picture of a ready made bed. That couch can be transformed into double size bed too. Should I take a picture of double sized as well? The sofa can also have 2 people sleeping. Should I specify 4 possible guests in my listing in this case? The apartment itself is quite small, 29 sq.m.

Juliet685
Level 2
Martinsburg, WV

I think you can update your decor with vibrant colors and make the space appealing. In addition, the space looks too cramped. From my experience, people love great designs as well as the right pricing.

Aliya142
Level 2
Astana, Kazakhstan

Hi @Muslim4 , 

I am also new to Airbnb, your apartment is nice! I see you already have good reviews on your apartment.

Can you please advise me how did you set up payout?

there are only 2 options: 1) interntional wire transfer - which leads to a broken website, 

2) payoneer - but I am not sure whether it works fine in Kazakhstan.

Thank you!

Phil3566
Level 2
Arcata, CA

Hi Almaty - I just read all the responses to you and they're all being very kind.  Is that what you want?  I don't think so.  You need to be told without all the sugar.  Your pictures look unprofessional, your colors are drab, things like your floor mat and chairs are askew.  The curtains need to let in as much natural light as possible.  Turn on the TV to show what apps are available.  Where are pictures of the kitchen and bathroom and the outside areas and what the building looks like??  No offense intended.  Phil

Phil3566
Level 2
Arcata, CA

The photo of you looks nice though you might consider a more interesting background.  You have a nice smile.  Warm.