Critique my listing - Mar from El Paso, TX

Answered!
Mar92900
Level 2
El Paso, TX

Critique my listing - Mar from El Paso, TX

• items2.jpg
    My listing is getting booked about 30% which is not as often as I'd like. Booking.com is another platform I use, and the guests from booking have not been respectful of my place, which to me, means the price is too low. Do you think at its current look/feel I could raise the price point, and if so, to what as a min-max range?  (I recently raised the price to what it is now - see links below)

What can I add to the place or change in order to make a higher priced stay worth it? 

BTW the outside has no curb appeal at the moment and therefore isn't really pictured. 

There is a hotel nearby (walking distance) that charges 192/night and is a room with a king bed.. nice lobby, continental breakfast (but it is a hotel - no kitchen, no private sleeping quarters, no private yard) 

I need to get out of the bottom ... level up a bit to attract more guests, and polite stays. Airbnb guests for the most part have been good guests 🙂

Here is my listing ( I have two - a duplex - renting each side): 

http://www.airbnb.com/h/echoteal 

http://www.airbnb.com/h/echocolors  

1 Best Answer
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

It’s very nice, clean, staged, has everything you need and nothing you don’t. If the hotel charges $192, then charge $190. Are you able to allow pets? We recently did this and my bookings have quadrupled. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

It’s very nice, clean, staged, has everything you need and nothing you don’t. If the hotel charges $192, then charge $190. Are you able to allow pets? We recently did this and my bookings have quadrupled. 

Thank you. I’ll raise the price and see what comes in. Do I mention in my description about the hotel nearby and it’s price plus what it doesn’t offer? 

Also, I can allow dogs. I’ve been apprehensive but I can. Do I need to provide a pet bed and bowls and baggies to pick up after them? 

No, I wouldn’t mention the competition in your listing, but rather highlight what you offer that they don’t, washer/dryer, kitchen, pets, yard, etc. 

as for pets, we offer crates, beds, furniture covers, bowls/placemats, poop bags. Not everyone uses everything, some bring their own beds, crates, etc. but we recently downsized our primary residence and the airbnb is our second home so we had extra stuff we moved into it. 

by providing these items it’s sets a precedent that we require the use of furniture covers, crates, placemats, poop bags. So far no issue with pets, just issues with people. 

@Dawn241 Ok I’ll implement. Thanks so much! 

I’ll update later and let you know how it goes! Pets allowed. Bowls and crate provided. 

How many pets is the limit? Preferably 1 but I could go two little ones. 

We allow 3 but it’s a full size house, not room or apartment, and we have a big yard. You could say one medium- large or 2 little. I also allow cats. It’s entirely up to you and check with your homeowner insurance for any breed restrictions.