Critique my listing - **

Mahindra1
Level 1
Mumbai, India

Critique my listing - **

http://Airbnb.com/h/ForestViewBedroom

Above is our listing link. I request a Critique on our listing from experienced hosts.

Also, I am seeking help from Airbnb to provide me (and all hosts), profile details of prospective guests, who seek our pre-approval to help us know about them before we confirm.

Thank you so much in advance.

**[Personal details removed  for safety in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Mahindra1 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!  I had to remove your full name and location due to safety concerns. Also, I would request our seasoned hosts like @Huma0 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Sudsrung0 @Lawrene0 to shed some light and critique your listing if possible. Happy Hosting🌻

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the prompt!

welcome to hosting!  

The room and bathroom look very nice: fresh and clean and well equipped, your artwork is a nice touch and your reviews so far are nice. However, I have a few suggestions:

- Rethink the order of your photos. Remember the first five are the ones that appear on the listing landing page before the guest decides whether they want to see more, so make sure that these are not only the strongest photos, but also show different areas or amenities. At the moment, four of the five are of the bedroom and are very similar.

I would include here the first photo of the bedroom, a nicely lit and clear shot of the bathroom, one of the living room (in daylight with the view from the window incorporated), perhaps one of the gardens, and I'm guessing the beach is a selling point, so one of that, but I think you could probably take a better photo of it and it. Or, perhaps you could include a nice detail shot as one of the top five. Just remember all five need to be in landscape (horizontal) format to fit Airbnb's layout, otherwise it just gets cropped oddly. 

As for the other photos, some more of communal areas of the complex and the local area might be helpful.

- I am assuming the treadmill in the guest room was originally installed their for your own use? It seems like an odd set up, especially in a room that isn't enormous. Do you use it much? If not, I'd consider getting rid of it. It kind of spoils what is otherwise a very nice bedroom, in my opinion.

- I know you have stated that the bathroom is 'shared' because your assistant engineer needs to use it a couple of times a day. However, I think that most guests would find it intrusive that a stranger is coming in and out of their room to use (their) bathroom. I assume you have another bathroom that you and your partner use. Would it not be possible for the assistant engineer to use that instead, rather than intruding on the guests' space?

- You have put this in the wrong place: 

"During your stay

Both the guests need to share their Govt. ID documents, either Aadhaar or Passport, (front & back) copies before booking confirmation"

This section is where you describe your level interaction with the guests, and it's important to describe that in a shared listing and especially one where it sounds like at least one person will be working in the apartment during the stay. This sort of thing should be prominent. 

I understand you also want the government ID to be prominent. This should be in your house rules, but you could also add it in the listing description if you want it to stand out.

- At the top of your description, you say no couples under 25. At the bottom, you write no couples under 21. Make sure you are consistent with these details to avoid misunderstandings. Also, do make sure to read Airbnb's anti discrimination policies as I am not sure it's allowed to refuse adult guests based on their age/relationship.

- In my experience (and that of many hosts) a lot of guests do not read the listing very carefully, if at all. So, if you are not already doing so, make sure you remind enquiring guests in a message about stuff like the apartment being shared, someone else working there during the day, kitchen access, age restrictions, government ID etc. You would be surprised at the important things some people miss.

If that's too much for an email, I make sure everything is in my house rules and ask guests to confirm they have read them in full (there is a question in there that they need to answer so I know they have done this), but my rules are quite long as I host long term stays!

@Mahindra1

@Bhumika