Custom shortcodes

Joe98
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Custom shortcodes

It would be super great if we could make custom shortcodes and for those short codes to be able to use other shortcodes inside of them.

8 Replies 8
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Joe98  Great idea - I would love that.  @Scott what do you think?

I would really like one for the guidebook link, for instance.

Hi, I wanted to update this thread to let everyone know we added a Guidebook shortcode in May.

This thread is a bit older, but just found it. I'm going to vote for a short code to be used for a lock box code which changes regularly. There has to be a reason that AirBNB isn't doing this, but it seems so obvious.

We change our door code regularly. The issue with the way scheduled messages works is that is doesn't seem to update text in existing instances of messages already queued. Unless I'm missing something?

rpw

Scott
Administrator
Administrator
SF, CA

Hi @Joe98 thanks for this suggestion!  Noted -- this is something we'll consider for future improvements 👍

Or some custom field that we can use for say a dynamic front door code.  That would be very helpful otherwise for me at least, the automation is less effective.

Hi, I wanted to update this thread to let everyone know we added a "guest phone number" shortcode in May. 

While the shortcode displays the full phone number, it can be used to communicate door codes to guests. 

For example, depending on how many digits your lock uses, you might say:

• If your lock uses 4 digits, you could say: "...your door code is the last 4 digits of your phone number (415-123-4567)..."
  • If your lock uses 5 digits, you could say: "...your door code is the last 5 digits of your phone number (415-123-4567)..."
  • etc.

We hope this helps.

Hi Scott. 

I would suggest to have a more broader solution for this.

Please consider adding Custom Short codes like Lee3805 said. It could be used for any automated communication. The Solution you implemented only helps if you always check and update the lock daily.

Thanks in advance!

/Tobias 

What is the reason a custom shortcode cannot be implemented? If I can make my own, I don't have to wait for AirBnB to implement individual ones that may or may not be helpful to me.