Did the text feature stop working?

Steve3189
Level 3
Bristow, VA

Did the text feature stop working?

Last nght I got a new booking.  I used to get a text from AirBNB (215-xxx-xxxx) when this happened.  I only got the email and the app notification.  Similarly, my wife usually gets a text (since she's the cohost).  This morning, through the app, I texted back the guest and I didn't hear my wife's phone ding like it usually does.  So I'm guessing something isn't working.  

I used to get all the texts from AirBNB from one number, but recently, they started coming from a new 215 area coded number.  Anyone else have this going on?

6 Replies 6
Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

Hi @Steve3189 , Airbnb stopped sending me texts in Italy a year or two ago. I assume it's a money saving measure.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Steve3189 this sometimes happens . I hate to sound like my son but have you tried turning your phone on and off. Sometimes also there is a bit of lag time for some reason.More likely your server than Airbnb.Desk top is always more reliable . Its a good idea to check it at least twice a day ,morning and night ,because it is difficult to answer within an hour if the texts do not turn up ... H

Yeah, I got it fine from the app, but neither of us got the SMS text.  I rebooted the phone and no dice.

Interesting what @Bob40 says about money saving.  It can't be that expensive.   Nevertheless, I'll still get by if they quit it, but would have been nice to know. 

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Steve3189 

I have a guest at the moment so I can confirm that I receive a text message, an email and the Airbnb message alert for all our messages to and fro.

Sorry for asking a dumb blond question, but have you checked that you have enabled text message in your settings?!

All the best

Joëlle

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Steve3189 @Bob40 

I wondered why my bookings were not coming through like they used to and wonder now if there's more AI problems we don't hear about.

Must admit, it's nice not getting all those annoying Text Alerts through the night when trying to sleep, however we do need the ones for our Guests making inquiries and reservations.

I wonder if the Text /Message system ( 3rd party provider/ contracted Agent/s  whose details are vague to those of us who use them, or unknown completely)  is part of any of the Police investigations going on where there's been Money Laundering and use of people's ABB accounts on the dark web?

Guess we won't know unless we are advised of any progress because that's the way Police and Authorities investigations work.

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Steve3189  yes the text number has changed since April 20th.  I didn't realize it until you mentioned it but I did have it saved as Airbnb and now it's just a number so definitely a new phone number.  I still get the sms as well as message on app.  

Karen