Disappointed that Airbnb Plus not even mentioned!

Answered!
Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

Disappointed that Airbnb Plus not even mentioned!

Hi,

Just watched the 10 new features for hosts video. Why wasn't Airbnb Plus mentioned? It's been "paused" for 2½ years and Airbnb support keep saying they don't know when it'll be reintroduced! Why not?

I know some hosts had mixed experiences with it but it's worked very well for me in one of my listings. Why can't my other listing, which is an even higher standard be in Plus? And more to the point, why does everyone at Airbnb pretend it doesn't exist when it does for those hosts lucky enough to have got in before 2020?

An authoritative answer from an employee would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bob40 It seems to me that when Airbnb drop an idea (like their covid cleaning routines) they just quietly drop it and remove all links to it.

I can only assume that Airbnb have decided that Airbnb Plus doesn't work for them and have killed it without officially killing it

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bob40 It seems to me that when Airbnb drop an idea (like their covid cleaning routines) they just quietly drop it and remove all links to it.

I can only assume that Airbnb have decided that Airbnb Plus doesn't work for them and have killed it without officially killing it

But they haven't killed it! See my answers above. They just pretend not to know anything about it, which is ridiculous and patronising.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

From the posts I have read it sounded like it was requiring a lot of work on behalf of Airbnb. I think OMG, lux and design categories fulfill the same goal but without the extra work. 

I also assume they have ran some tests and the Plus listing format did not yield better, longer, more expensive reservations. 

Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

Agreed about the extra work, which in some cases was ridiculous, but as I said to @Fred13 above, 'Plus' shows on the listing photos so it's very much still there as an incentive to guests. All I want Airbnb to do is resume it.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

It appears to have been a silly idea from the outset because it required a lot of work on Airbnb's part and the ultimate objective was to 'create' places to reach a certain level artificially but not naturally. Such places already existed, all they had to do was to create a methodology for the visitors to find them (see new Categories).

Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

Maybe but 'Plus' still shows in the results list, where it normally says 'Superhost', so clearly Airbnb still think it means something otherwise they'd have dropped it altogether.

True, they are just ignoring it now. They should use it or remove it.