Do you have a Co-host, or are you a Co-host yourself?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you have a Co-host, or are you a Co-host yourself?

Co-host - Airbnb Community Center.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Having extra help with hosting can sometimes be fundamental to offer an excellent service. This is where a Co-host could play a very important role for Hosts. Delegating activities such as check-in, check-out, cleaning or responding to guest messages could be some of the tasks you as a Host could pass on to your Co-host. 

I have seen conversations regarding Co-hosting, with topics varying from those looking for Co-hosting services to discussions about how much commission one should pay to their Co-hosts, and even how Hosts manage their Co-hosts. 

Do you have a Co-host for your listing(s), or are you a Co-host yourself? Have you considered using one (or multiple) on a temporary basis? 

I look forward to reading your replies!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

77 Replies 77
Isabelle2029
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Hello fellow members of the Airbnb community.

I just started the hosting this month.

A pleasure to be here and I hope to learn from everyone.

Yes, I have a co-host which is very helpful in termes of keeping up with guests whether for cleaning and checking to make sure our guests have the most exciting experience while in our home.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Isabelle2029, Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center, and thank you for your reply! Is your Co-host someone you know? 

Also, since you're new to Airbnb, I thought I'd share this very helpful article 👈 about asking for listing critique on the Community (in case you're interested) 🙂 

-----

@Quincy a co host would be one of the most important people  in the hosts handy pack. More important than cleaners maintenance men and sometimes more important than yourself , but people often make the mistake of thinking a co host is a hands off creature. Co hosts are the other you. They meet and greet guests when you cannot . They fix things that must be done immediately . They are a second pair of hands when you are running late and they can also update pics , use the data base send refunds or variations but more importantly they can drop what they are doing and turn up ,like superman or super woman  . Lots of people co host with their partners and do not even realise that is what they are doing but those going it alone really need someone , like a friend , neighbour or relative to be reliable and  help out .Those who advertise to be co hosts show they simply do not understand the need to be all things at once and  all of the ramifications of hosting , even with their own style.In a home hosting situation the pie is not big enough to split between Cleaners , hosts and co hosts. The work is not easily split either. Two people cleaning at once makes those last minute check ins not a problem . Last minute bookings need to be answered , milk bought , toilet paper checked etcetera. There are three parts to any hosts set up . Clean up after last guests . Replace linens clean etcetera , and after that comes a reset just before the guests arrive. This as well as answering messages and talking to guests during their stay is vital and makes the guests comfort levels just a little better , in my opinion . those who set lock boxes and do not see guests at all and sail through without a co host are in danger of being surprised by bad guests or disgruntled guests.... H

Elite37
Level 1
Margate, FL

I just started the hosting this month.

A pleasure to be here and I hope to learn from everyone.

Yes, I have a co-host which is very helpful in terms of keeping up with guests whether for cleaning and checking to make sure our guests have the most exciting experience while in our home.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Elite37! I'm glad to hear that having a co-host has been helpful for you! 

Where did you find a co-host?

-----

Sumee15
Level 1
Novato, CA

No Co host, but lots of help on the ground!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sumee15! Are these friends and family helping you out from time to time? 🙂

-----

Ryan3089
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Yes, I do have a Co-host

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Ryan3089! How long have you had a co-host for? 🙂

-----

Ryan3089
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Seen I started hosting, last year December.

Fayaz2
Level 2
Kozhikode, India

Hi Quincy,
I am a host. I am considering including a cohost.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Fayaz2! Thank you for your comment! Have you started looking for a co-host? 

-----

Grettings fayaz, are you going to be making that decision any time soon?

Hi 

Thanks for the query. Yes, do you have something for me?