Do you offer guidebooks with recommendations for dining, attractions, and activities?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Do you offer guidebooks with recommendations for dining, attractions, and activities?

Paula_0-1708989100708.jpeg

Hello everyone 😊

When visiting a new area, it's likely that guests are unfamiliar with the neighborhood or city of your listing. This is where a guidebook can significantly enhance their experience, it's a thoughtful touch that can elevate their stay. In our community, there have been different discussions about guidebooks and how Hosts find it beneficial to include information on the best dining options, local services such as gyms or spas, tours and attractions, upcoming events, and more.

Do you offer any kind of guidebook to your guests? Do you share it digitally, or do you also leave a printed copy in the property?

We would love to hear your insights and explore how guidebooks help in enriching the guest experience 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

24 Replies 24
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

I keep and update regularly a visitors guide to old bisbee, dining, shopping, art galleries, day trips, and nature.

I email a list of restaurants that we eat at called “eat like a local”. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Dawn241, the 'eat like locals' list is a great idea 😊

How often do you find it necessary to update your guidebooks? I understand the frequency might vary based on the content, but is there an average frequency you follow?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

If a place closes temporarily for remodeling or if a new place opens only after I’ve eaten then and recommend it. I don’t recommend any place I ate at and didn’t like and didn’t go back. 

@Paula 

We definitely do! We've binders on restaurants and destinations, local natural history and wildlife. We keep maps and pamphlets on local destinations that would be interesting to our guests.

I do the same & my guests really appreciate the local menus & information about my town from the Chamber of Commerce in the apartment. 

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Buongiorno @Paula ,

I do provide two guidebooks about Venice, one dedicated to things to see, the other to places to eat, and I share them upon booking via Airbnb chat: 

Venice as a non-tourist 🤩

Gourmant Venice 😋

It seems to me that guests appreciate them 😉

Andrea
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Wow @Andrea6232, these guidebooks look amazing 😍. Thanks so much for sharing them; they are great examples for our Host community. 

I can't wait to visit Venice 🌷

-----

Thank you @Paula ! 😊

Andrea

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi Paula,

I only have a digital copy of my guide book though have a printed copy on site is an excellent idea. 
I keep menu from the local restaurants, information about McHenry from my local Chamber of Commerce & a McHenry calendar on my fridge with events & coupons for my guests to use. 
Feedback has been positive. 
Bettye6

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Bettye6 😊, that's fantastic! I hadn't heard about leaving coupons for guests before. Do they often use them? What a great idea!

-----

Yes, My menu and coupons are frequently used! Very positive feedback from my guests and the SBOs.

The owners of the businesses know if my guests use them as we have them marked. The marking was just to see if it was useful and yes all agree it does work. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

This sounds great, @Bettye6. Thank you so much for sharing 😊

-----

Hi @Paula 

@Yes, we create Airbnb Host Guidebooks and keep a paper version inside the listing. When a guest books, we attach the Airbnb Guidebook to the Quick Reply Welcome message we send.

@Joan2709 Most excellent idea!