Does my listing look appealing?

Courtney464
Level 1
California, MD

Does my listing look appealing?

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 21.26.56.png

I'm new to Airbnb and was curious if my listing looks appealing.  I would love to get more bookings, but I'm afraid my pictures and wording on the listing isn't the best.  Any constructive criticism is appreciated!

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Courtney464  Your photos aren't terrible, but some don't show much and there is no purpose to the ones that are showing under "additional photos" except for the pool table. A photo of hooks, a paper coffee cup, close ups of useless knicknacks and Xmas decorations, when Xmas is long over, should all be deleted. Your living room photos don't give a sense of the space or the room.

You say one bedroom has 2 single beds, but there is only one pictured. You need a photo which shows that room more accurately.

If you are providing a breakfast like you have pictured,  that is fine. If you aren't, remove the photo. Only post photos of what you provide.

Your description is incomplete. All you have there is an introduction. You haven't described the house or rooms or layout at all. Go back and edit, filling out all the fields provided- The Space, Guest Access,  Other Things to Note. As it stands now, I would have no idea what I was actually booking.

Take a look at other hosts' listings to see how to write an informative description.

Also I'd advise you lowering your guest count to 4 and removing the "floor mattress" as a sleeping space. You are renting a home, not running a hostel. Someone sleeping in the living room renders the living room unusable as a common space.

You have a small eating table which seats 4 max and the living room looks small ( but hard to tell as there is no actual living room photo), not suitable for 6. Your guest count and the other furnishings and space should jive. Cramming more people into a place is not advisable.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Courtney464 Echo what Sarah said. One other thing. As a host, the fitness studio makes my blood run cold. Do you have liability insurance that would cover you in case a guest has a mishap? As wonderful as a yoga trapeze is, it's an accident waiting to happen for the uninitiated guest. Same goes for kettle bells and the rest of it.

Courtney464
Level 1
California, MD

@Sarah977  and @Colleen253  Thank you so much for your help!!  I have updated the listing to make more sense and took out some of the dumb pics, lol!  With the yoga studio, I do have a nice liability policy with umbrella to cover it.  I have signs posted, and it is taken down and stored when children come to visit.  Just the easy essentials will be available with children around, like the mats and rollers.  Anything else you can think of, just let me know!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Courtney464  Since you do have the sofa sleeper in place, there's nothing wrong with mentioning it in the listing info as an option in case a group of singles who wouldn't want to share a bed would find that useful. Still keep the guest count at 4, and remove the sleeper from the photos showing under spaces to sleep (the thumbnail photo of living room). 

That way, a group of 4 can use it as an option, but you're still not overloading the house. I've seen critical reviews saying a place was nice, but too cramped for the number of people it was listed for, and you want to avoid that.

@Sarah977 That makes so much sense!!  Thank you so much, I'm going to work on getting better pics of the guest room and living room next week.  Also, I'll be working on the listing.  You have really been great help to me, I appreciate you!:)