Does snoozing a brand new listing while you work on it hurt your listing?

Phillip307
Level 1
Frisco, TX

Does snoozing a brand new listing while you work on it hurt your listing?

I know that after you post your listing several more options need to be selected and I want my listing “perfect” from day one. Can I post my listing and immediately snooze it for a week while I complete it without it hurting the algorithm? Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Phillip307 ideally you shouldn't do this as you get a boost in the search results when you first list. Unless you take advantage of this and get some bookings you will disappear down the search rankings pretty quickly I am afraid.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Phillip307 Yes, you can, but a week sounds like a long time to snooze. You will be losing out on priority search placement given to new listings. After you ''go live,' your listing will not be visible in search results for around 24 hours. This should give you plenty of time to dedicate to perfecting your listing. You will likely still be tweaking your listing as you get inquiries, requests, and actual feedback from guests.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Phillip307  Just take whatever additional photos you want, and write up what you want to beforehand, so you can quickly edit. I can't see why it would take a week to get it "perfect".

It's good that you want it to be quite complete, though. I see a lot of new  listings that are really scant on information and photos, or don't explain things clearly.