Email received about "Action required: Update how you get paid from Airbnb"

Answered!
Geoff108
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Email received about "Action required: Update how you get paid from Airbnb"

Hello all,

I have received an email (below) about the above and am wondering if it is just another scam?!?!?

It is asking for the banking details for payments to be confirmed or for a new bank account if it is to be be updated...

"Action required: Update how you get paid from Airbnb
Airbnb is making changes to how we pay hosts in your country. To continue getting paid for hosting on Airbnb, you’ll need to update your financial account information by May 15, 2023.

To keep using your existing bank account, you must re-add it as a payout method in your Airbnb account. Or, you can choose to add a different account.

You can also visit your account and update your payout method in Payments and Payouts.

Update payout method

Airbnb
Airbnb Payments UK Ltd.

40 Compton St., London, EC1V 0AP

United Kingdom

Update your email preferences to choose which emails you get or unsubscribe from this type of email.

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Geoff108 ,

I received the update that this is a part of the Payment process and has been sent by Airbnb to the Hosts.

I hope this lessens your worry about the email and are able to take further action.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Geoff108 . Go into your dashboard and your personal acc. Check the  details are correct for your bank account . If they are leave it. Check other emails from Airbnb that you have received and make up your own mind. Also check that your pay outs are arriving in your account. ... H

This email may be prompted by the fact you seem to have not been hosting for a number of months but have restarted?I do not think it is scam but call CS.. H

I haven't had any bookings for a while for some reason, they all seem to be coming through booking.com...🤔

@Geoff108 following @Helen744 's advice is safe But it is not what Airbnb has asked you to do.

I would think that as long as you re-add your account details in your account (taking care that you are in your account - so perhaps do not follow a link from the email) then you should be safe. We have 2 factor authorisation on our account and I assume this is also the case in Australia.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Geoff108 ,

Can you also specify from which email address you have been sent an email? Fraudulent emails often come from domains that may appear similar, such as @bnb.com or @reservation-airbnb.com. But legitimate emails from Airbnb will only come from the following domains:

-----

Geoff108
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Airbnb <discover@airbnb.com>
This is the address from whence it came!
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Geoff108 ,

Thanks for your prompt response! I have also connected with the team if we could get more information about this. Will make sure to keep you posted in case I receive any info.

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Geoff108 ,

I received the update that this is a part of the Payment process and has been sent by Airbnb to the Hosts.

I hope this lessens your worry about the email and are able to take further action.

-----

Tammy46
Level 2
Surat Thani, Thailand

I received the same email.  But a couple of things made me worry about it being Phishing too.

1). The address on the bottom of the email wasn't the usual one, instead it was

Airbnb Payments UK Ltd.

40 Compton St., London, EC1V 0AP

2). I'm not able to re-add our payment method.  First error is when you try to click on the "Pricing & Fees" hyperlink, and secondly when you do try to click SUBMIT there's an error message.  My husband and I tried this on Google Chrome, on Mac and Windows, from links we clicked within the Airbnb website.

I first submitted #2 to Airbnb Superhosts help, and they just said "Try Chrome, or contact Payoneer" (Um, not helpful).  And I've sinced submitted this to airbnb asking if it's a legit email, because of #1 (new email footer address?).

The email was sent from discover@airbnb.com

We have been regularly hosting Airbnb guests this year.

It can be annoying when Airbnb ask us to re-submit info, but once we didn't and then they deducted with-holding tax from a payout because they thought I was a US citizen (despite non-US passport, non-US listing, and non-US bank account for payout). So now I try to do everything they ask.