English support number

James3393
Level 1
Poole, United Kingdom

English support number

Hi the support number I have goes to a Spanish contact centre +34911234567 is there another where I can understand the options and speak to someone in English?

5 Replies 5
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@James3393 

Try 020 3318 1111

This is the one I have been using for years.

James3393
Level 1
Poole, United Kingdom

Thanks the number worked just needed the (+44) hopefully this can help others. The service and updates from support have been slow or non existence 😞

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@James3393 

I should have clarified that calling this number doesn't get you through to a team in the UK, nor to someone whose first language is English, but they will communicate with you in English and the menu options are in English too, so at least it's better than trying to decipher the Spanish!

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@James3393 

I am based in Thailand I never get to speak to anyone in my language the last call center was from India and their English was really bad and one time we had a Chinese call center.

There must be a lot of listings in Thailand especially Phuket, I guess we are not getting a Thai call center.

Booking.com have one here in Phuket and Agoda have one in Bangkok,

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 I believe that Airbnb closed most of its call centres and a lot of the reps are outsourced. 

Here in the UK, we used to be directed to a call centre in Ireland (if you called during their office hours) and they were brilliant. Certainly there was no language barrier. Although I was told by Airbnb that this team still exists, I never get to speak to them anymore and haven't for a while. 

Someone sent me an article reporting that the office where that team had been based had been leased out long term to another company and told me that the vast majority of the agents had been laid off. It seems like they have a tiny team somewhere, maybe just to keep up the appearance that this operation still exists.