Extra Guest Fees

Paul11022
Level 1
La Raja, Spain

Extra Guest Fees

We are new to hosting.  We have set our property to have a maximum of 4 guests and also set a fee of €20 for extra guests above the 4.  We had guests arrive yesterday, the booking stated 4 but then 5 people turned up.  What is the best way to deal with this? 

As it was the first time it has happened to let the other person stay.  Can the reservation be amended when the guests arrive?

I did have a look at this and because we have a maximum of 4 people it wouldn't let me amend the reservation to add a 5th person, the only person I could add was an infant.

Any advice or hints would be much appreciated.

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Paul11022 

Why do you have a charge for guests over four if the maximum you accept are four people ? 

If more turn up them booked your options are a) contact the guest who booked immediately and ask that the additional person leaves b) send a request for additional person fee if there is room for them to sleep and provide extra bedding /towels 

either may lead to a retaliatory review 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Paul11022

It's been a while since you posted and I'm wondering what you decided to do in this siutation and if @Helen3's answer supported you in making a decision? 

It'd be great to hear from you, so we can understand what the resolution was but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines