First time hoster

Answered!
Carol8284
Level 1
St Kilda, Australia

First time hoster

Hi this is my first time hosting on Airbnb and I am worried  about the safety of my apartment or belongings, is it safe? What if the host loses the keys? Is there any cover for theaf? Thanks 

1 Best Answer

Fred 13 exactly what I would have said. 
before I started AirBnB this past Feb I read every article AirBnB could muster. Used You Tube for information. 
I was offered a super host to guide me who was 100% unresponsive & did send an complaint out to AirBnB to no avail that I’m aware of however I found 2 super hosts locally & they provided great information!

Do  your research. AirBnB has so many great articles & tutorials just have to find them though they point you seemlessly to same type topics. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You don't seem to have a listing attached to your profile @Carol8284 so hard to comment. 

if you have valuables or sentimental items don't leave them in your listing or lock them away.

if you're worried you will loss your keys get an electronic lock.

read up on the airbnb guarantee to see how you are covered if you need to claim for guest damage @Carol8284 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Carol8284 Hosting is not an easy endevour, specially nowadays. I suggest you read everything you can here before embarking into it.

Fred 13 exactly what I would have said. 
before I started AirBnB this past Feb I read every article AirBnB could muster. Used You Tube for information. 
I was offered a super host to guide me who was 100% unresponsive & did send an complaint out to AirBnB to no avail that I’m aware of however I found 2 super hosts locally & they provided great information!

Do  your research. AirBnB has so many great articles & tutorials just have to find them though they point you seemlessly to same type topics.