Can I have some flooring suggestions please?

Answered!
Al238
Level 1
West Palm Beach, FL

Can I have some flooring suggestions please?

Current wood floors had some dark water damage. We were given recommendation to use a floor/porch/patio paint and polyurathne. They looked amazing but are now showing much wear/scratches. (Love the blue).

airbnb.com/h/coconutvida

I was thinking of a thinner luxury vinyl tile so we could keep existing cove base (base boards).

Any recommendations for a durable (potentially blue) option? Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Al238 

We just had our entire STR condo flooring replaced with luxury vinyl planks a few months ago. It looks beautiful and is holding up very well so far. We were careful to get “commercial grade” planks, with a thick wear layer. That way, if it scratches it doesn’t go through to the rest of the plank and is hardly noticeable.

We got a “floating” floor, as opposed to “peel-and-stick”. The floating floor is quite a bit less expensive to install, but it does have the disadvantage of having to remove several planks if one of them gets damaged.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Al238 

Have you made any decisions on what kind of flooring would work better for you?

Feel free to pop back and let us know what you decided.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Al238
Level 1
West Palm Beach, FL

I have not. I was hoping to get some ideas, but I dont think I got any replies.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Al238 

We just had our entire STR condo flooring replaced with luxury vinyl planks a few months ago. It looks beautiful and is holding up very well so far. We were careful to get “commercial grade” planks, with a thick wear layer. That way, if it scratches it doesn’t go through to the rest of the plank and is hardly noticeable.

We got a “floating” floor, as opposed to “peel-and-stick”. The floating floor is quite a bit less expensive to install, but it does have the disadvantage of having to remove several planks if one of them gets damaged.