Getting bookings on my new listing

Caitlin345
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Getting bookings on my new listing

Hey everyone! I am just getting started with my listing and have had a few off season bookings, but am not seeing a ton of action during the peak summer months.  I was thinking about adding a weekly discount. Has anyone had any luck with increasing bookings this way? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated! 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12768039?preview_for_ml=true&source_impression_id=p3_1710895302_WwERxvT...

4 Replies 4
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Caitlin345, your property has so much character, I love the cobblestone fireplace 😍 the location is so dreamy! 🌳☀️

I'd like to tag some awesome hosts who can hopefully provide some feedback @Leigh625 @Lorina14 & @Jermain40 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi, @Caitlin345 

Welcome and congratulations on becoming a host! Your place is lovely!

My sister and I began hosting last year, and we've noticed a big increase in reservations happening this season vs. last. We jumped on marketing as soon as we went live—business cards, social media, etc. Networking has been key for us—telling friends and family.

Beef up the guidebook and keep it up to date with local attractions. Keep in mind what would draw guests to the area—sights, outdoors, nightlife, history? Plug these on your site—include some description in the title too. ie: "Pleasure Point—lakeside vista getaway"

I hope this helps.   ^_^

—Leigh

Maria20225
Level 2
Miami, FL

Hi @Caitlin345 

Your property is beautiful.  I would add more to your title for example:

Pleasure Point| 6ppl | Lake view | Private docks.

Also, may be decrease the minimum amount of nights during the week to 2 and 3 nights for the weekends. 

Try to encourage people to leave you reviews by sending them an automatize message  after they check out. This helps when someone is viewing your property and making a decision to book it.

I posted my property in IG and I also have an account for it, so everyone can see it.

Hope this helps,

Maria 

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi Caitlin345,

You place is stunning. I do agree with all the suggestions. Bookings are a tricky thing, I have only been hosting for 1 year and I definitely have peaks and valleys with bookings. 

Plus it is tax time and I found out last year that people started booking after they know what their tax status is which is usually mid March and May.

I would for sure add any other places to go and see as suggested by @Maria20225  with decreasing the booking stay to 2 days if possible. 

The best of luck to you!

Bettye6