Guest cancellation history should appear on their profile - LIKE if you agree!

Answered!
Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

Guest cancellation history should appear on their profile - LIKE if you agree!

As a host, if you cancel, an indelible mark appears on your reviews and in your statistics.

As a guest, you can block a host's dates and cancel as many times as you want, it does not appear on your profile.

I have had several guests hold my calendar for months, only to cancel at the very last minute, despite knowing full well in advance they were not coming.  In the hopes of getting out of the cancellation policy that was stated when they booked.  Or trying to get out of paying the service fees. Or pressuring me for a refund.  I recently had a guest who booked months ahead and admitted, they would hold the dates until close to arrival when they would shop around and try to find a better deal and cancel if they did.

Do you think a guest's cancellation habits/history should be visible to hosts, just like his host reviews and star rating?

Like if you agree!

And make a feedback request asking for it!: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

All the best everyone!

1 Best Answer

@Linda108 
It's not "branding".
Its simply transparency!
There are legitimate reasons for hosts to cancel too, and it's written in stone in our reviews after.
Why should it not be the same for the guest, and if the host questions it, he can explain the legitimate reason why he cancelled 5 times out of his last 6 stays...

View Best Answer in original post

46 Replies 46

@Shane197 It is the host's responsibility to cancel in these circumstances. They will however get fined by Airbnb hence their desire that you cancel.

Shane, the host has to honour your reservation you have no obligation to cancel. 

If the host asks you to cancel, you should refuse!

If ths host cancels, he will be subject to penalties and lowered in the search results.

I'm not sure what your argument is!

Are you a guest or a host?