Guest review emails from Airbnb

Ed221
Level 2
Sedona, AZ

Guest review emails from Airbnb

Has anyone noticed the downgrade sharing guest reviews with the host?

Previously (generally, before 2023 began), if your account settings are to receive an email, when a guest review is ready to publish, you receive an email from Airbnb. Kind of like this...

Here's what Jim wrote

Jim

Beautiful home, loved our stay.

Private feedback

Thanks for hosting us, hope to be back next year!

Early in 2023 the public review from the guest was stripped from the email. This week the guest name has been removed.

Now it looks like this...

J

5 stars

Private feedback

Thanks for hosting us, hope to be back next year!

Yes, it is true that you can read the review in your account, however, I use these emails to thank my team and share positive guest feedback. Whenever the review says 'incredibly clean', 'cleanest Airbnb I've ever been to' or the like, I immediately forward it to my team. Frankly, I suck at cleaning and I can't do this without the team. I want them to have the accolades. Now I can only hoard the review for myself :(. Honestly, there's some precious info in a few reviews--sometimes helpful private feedback that I need to act on. I can't understand why the email strips away everything helpful.

A year ago there was a conversation where a host suggested the property name or reservation details should be included in the review when the host has more than one property. That didn't happen. We've gone the opposite direction.

Do you think there is a reason Airbnb doesn't want us to have the full review?

The page we get to read the review now also sucks. The review is squeezed on the right 25% of the web page. What is wrong with sharing reviews with the host? It used to be a big priority.

Yes, the app is great. I use that when I'm mobile, but I do use the website when I'm at home maintaining my listings.

I've asked support about this, some stuff about upgrades to the review system. I'd send them an email with my opinion of this, but all of the important information would be stripped from the email before they receive it. 😉

-no good review goes unpunished

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ed221 ,

It is understandable that these changes would be frustrating for you, as it worked as an encouraging tool to let your team know about their incredible work and positive feedback from guests.

But, please feel free to express your concerns and opinions on the matter via the 
Feedback Form.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you. I did use the feedback form weeks ago. Unfortunately, that is a slow process most useful for new suggestions. It is not effective for fixing problems or newly created problems. I opened a support case and so far we have the guest names back in the messages. Now we are still working to figure out why the guest reviews have been stripped.

I think I've engaged with a really good support contact, so I'm hoping for the best outcome.