Guests undercharged

Claire1944
Level 2
Valencia, Spain

Guests undercharged

Hi there just wondering if anyone else has experienced same problem lately. I changed my nightly rate about 2 weeks ago for a week in March when it’s extremely busy in Valencia for a festival they hold every year. I did have instant book on which I have since changed but my guest booked 2 nights and was only charged my normal rate of €50 instead of €130. I have been back and forth with Airbnb but it seems they are unable to go back and verify when I made change and that it is was a technical glitch.  I have been charged a cancellation fee which I’m not happy about but accepted but they’ve blocked those 2 nights in my calendar and I’m trying to get lifted. I reached out to guest but she’s not replied. If it was my fault and hadn’t changed in time I would have honored booking and accepted my fault but it’s the busiest time of year and rooms are going for 300/400 per night now!

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you look at Airbnb T&C for host cancellations they automatically block out dates if you cancel as a penalty for you cancelling the booking @Claire1944 

Airbnb have always been able to tell when changes are made to a listing. Go back and insist they double check.

Thank you for replying! Sorry just seen these replies. They lifted block in the end but charged me which I accepted. They said they did check but I don't believe so. I was just happy to get block lifted for those lucrative dates!

Thanks

Claire

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Claire1944 

Did you manage to do as @Helen3 suggested?

Let us know how you get on!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines