HELP, very low bookings.

Answered!

HELP, very low bookings.

My property is in Mississauga ON. I am getting very low bookings and is mostly on the weekends. This is very discouraging, how can I improve my bookings?

1 Best Answer
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Vivian1138 

How many other platforms are you on? Dont rely on airbnb 100%

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I'm afraid there's not much to be done - Vivian. Of lately, ppl with same problem as yours are on the increase. As you are, you are doing all OK from what I could see at 1st look; 'great host, super clean, good location and EVEN BETTER than the PHOTOS' your guests say...'

However try to 'protect rating as much as you can [someone did hurt yours, somehow] and not letting fall under 4.5 if possible. This might help to explain importance/  how it works;

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Cafe/Unfair-Overall-Rating-Calculations/td-p/1503019Wh... is the moral of the story?

There's not 1single reason for 'fallen bookings' and many we mention here, no one is 100% sure. Some can be: competition [hosts in same area are on the increase] 2nd houses [many ppl bought during pandemic and now Aibrnb them] pro-hosts [with several listings] hotels are lowering prices and in some areas are cheaper;  oil crisis, more cautious guests, 'specifics' PEOPLE WHO ARE ABLE to offer things 'above average/ experiences, pools  etc' and so on; but how is GOING is not bad...so keep faith [unless a Full recessions hits and then AIRBNB will be in real trouble]

So, what do people in your position do? Some do tweaks, offer Instant Booking [cautious here, as some hosts wont advice/ use it lightly]  lowers prices and cleaning fees [or remove them completely] offer some extras etc etc. G.Luck

Hello Bes175,

thank you for this great info and insight. I did not know that someone hurt my rating. I will be looking into it and hopefully rectify it. The struggle is horrible, only weekend bookings is all am getting. I will look into the pointers you gave. Very much appreciated. 

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

yours is 4.78 [some say < 4.5 airbnb gets restless and may even remove some hosts] and has nothing to do with the WORDS [which can be good] but stars according to categories; [see links i gave u, to realise how this absurdity works]  You are welcomed, and here's to hoping booking will increase soon. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Vivian1138 

How many other platforms are you on? Dont rely on airbnb 100%

Hello, I am using this and VRBO. More suggestions are welcome please, it really hurts that I only get weekend bookings. 

thanks