Hello

Answered!
Joseph2042
Level 1
Hanover, Germany

Hello

Trying to maximize our exposure and booking times. I usually block a few days after a guest books... to get cleaning done. Our home is amazing, its my life... and I care a lot about it, we just can't be there now. I would like guests to see that, and understand the place is special. Our cleaners are amazing and I try to leave out things for them to do laundry and dishes, a bottle of wine... this is my first time doing this.

My real question is, what things can I do on the app to increase my exposure. I believe once people see the space and current reviews we will get more bookings. I'm super flexible. And can make whatever changes I need to in order to increase our fill rate.

Thank you, 

Joe

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Joseph2042 

You  have a great place Joseph and you are highly rated by your guests but to be honest your photos do not do it justice so this is one thing you can improve upon and by changing/adding photos. This will wake up the algorithm in your favour as it will see you as a pro-active host.

Most of your photos are in portrait mode which means the bathroom photos are tiny and even more so for those looking at them from a phone.  Take new photos in landscape mode and zoom out for an overall view and normal for others.  Take the photos at the best time of the day to give the guest the feeling that your place is light.  Make sure that you choose the first 5 best photos that summarise the best features of your place as these are the ones that will influence guests in wanting to go further or not.

I am surprised to see so few boxes ticked in the amenities section  - there's even a hot water box that you can tick.  So have a look again to see what other boxes you can tick and this will also please the algorithm😉  

You have ticked air-conditioning for your listing and yet you have a guest saying in her comments that she would have liked to have had this amenity as it was too hot for her?

Wishing you all the best,

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Joseph2042 

You  have a great place Joseph and you are highly rated by your guests but to be honest your photos do not do it justice so this is one thing you can improve upon and by changing/adding photos. This will wake up the algorithm in your favour as it will see you as a pro-active host.

Most of your photos are in portrait mode which means the bathroom photos are tiny and even more so for those looking at them from a phone.  Take new photos in landscape mode and zoom out for an overall view and normal for others.  Take the photos at the best time of the day to give the guest the feeling that your place is light.  Make sure that you choose the first 5 best photos that summarise the best features of your place as these are the ones that will influence guests in wanting to go further or not.

I am surprised to see so few boxes ticked in the amenities section  - there's even a hot water box that you can tick.  So have a look again to see what other boxes you can tick and this will also please the algorithm😉  

You have ticked air-conditioning for your listing and yet you have a guest saying in her comments that she would have liked to have had this amenity as it was too hot for her?

Wishing you all the best,

Joëlle

Joëlle,

Thank you so much for the kind words and your informative response!! It was just what I needed.

I will get to work on the pictures right away, and figuring out the app and site because we definitely have hot water, 😅. I need to figure out a way to leave better instructions, like our oven has a safety button that you have to press after you set it... luckily the guest texts me and I told them, but stuff like that. 

I did respond to the guests message about the AC, that we do have AC and the remote is on the wall. I try to be super communicative and responsive so people are comfortable asking me for help, but they don't always do that.

I really appreciate your feedback!

Thank you so much,

Joe

Wow, I missed lots of amenities, not sure how I did that... but I fixed it. 🙂

Thanks again,

Joe

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Airbnb often updates the amenities list without announcement.  I post small cards with quick instructions for some key appliances (coffee maker, dishwasher, stove, washer & dryer), but I don't plaster the walls with them.  I also offer to send guests PDFs of instruction manuals that I've edited down to quick guides.