Help Listing Suspended

Answered!
Isabel4763
Level 2
North Bergen, NJ

Help Listing Suspended

my listing has been suspended over a week now after a troublesome guest made false accusations after a claim was submitted after property damages during their stay. I’ve  tried to contact customer support several times and nobody seems to have an answer for me. I am a disabled host due to brain cancer and I am getting frustrated as to how Airbnb support can’t provide more support to disabled hosts like me. I am starting to feel discriminated that customer support just doesn’t want to deal with me. Can someone advise on what to do or who to contact? 

1 Best Answer
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Isabel4763,

Hi! I’m sorry you’ve felt unsupported by your concern. I’ve tagged some community host managers to see if they can assist you sending your concern to the right team. @Bhumika  @Rebecca  @Paula could you help her please?

I’ve seen other hosts have similar issues with false accusations from guests who broke house rules. If you have pics and documentation of everything in the app/airbnb website, this should help with your claim. I’ve heard some hosts tell guests that there was some damage and while they are filing a claim, airbnb will reach out to ask if they will pay and they can choose to or not, and if they decline, airbnb’s aircover will cover the damage. This way the guest feels in the loop, was notified of the issue and given a choice and also knows that they can say no with no repercussions.

I know some hosts never report as they fear bad or false reviews that then suspend their listings. I haven’t personally reported damaged sheets or watermark on night tables; I just took it as being part of running the business. But some hosts report every thing. Some get reimbursed while others have trouble because of lack of documentation on the app or pics/receipts/extra cleaning fees. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Isabel4763,

Hi! I’m sorry you’ve felt unsupported by your concern. I’ve tagged some community host managers to see if they can assist you sending your concern to the right team. @Bhumika  @Rebecca  @Paula could you help her please?

I’ve seen other hosts have similar issues with false accusations from guests who broke house rules. If you have pics and documentation of everything in the app/airbnb website, this should help with your claim. I’ve heard some hosts tell guests that there was some damage and while they are filing a claim, airbnb will reach out to ask if they will pay and they can choose to or not, and if they decline, airbnb’s aircover will cover the damage. This way the guest feels in the loop, was notified of the issue and given a choice and also knows that they can say no with no repercussions.

I know some hosts never report as they fear bad or false reviews that then suspend their listings. I haven’t personally reported damaged sheets or watermark on night tables; I just took it as being part of running the business. But some hosts report every thing. Some get reimbursed while others have trouble because of lack of documentation on the app or pics/receipts/extra cleaning fees. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Isabel4763, I am sorry about this situation.

I am forwarding your case to the relevant team. Since our Community Center is not a formal branch of the Support Team, they should contact you directly.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you so much Paula. This is all I always get I report it as a host and they twist it as if I am the guest with no solution as a host and they penalize me when I am the one not being helped.  **

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that it is not allowed to share Airbnb investigation and private conversations]

Thank you Lorina I am more concerned about my listing being suspended when I was the one who reported the issues with the guest and documented everything. Now I am being suspended for following instructions and following ground rules ? And nobody has an answer for me. 

Hi Isabel just wondering if your list has been relist? I face some problem like you.

I'm facing the same thing now. Any news on what to do? This is SO stressful and unfair. Airbnb is not communicating with me at all. Thank you.