Help getting my listing off the ground ( Feedback appreciated!)

Dylan395
Level 1
D.C., DC

Help getting my listing off the ground ( Feedback appreciated!)

Hey all, 

Would love some feedback on my listing, I'm still in the process of getting better pictures of the space uploaded. I was thinking since I was in Atlanta that I would see a lot more demand for my space but have been surprised that I've gotten no requests and my listing has been active for a couple weeks. 

heres a link to the listing 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/887229422384204547?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=f6c34d93-491c...

6 Replies 6
Lisa8154
Level 2
Salem, MA

@Dylan395 The room looks nice, my only suggestion is to fix the bedding so it goes over the sheets and replace the picture. 

Liz5815
Level 2
Lancashire, United Kingdom

Hi Dylan,

Your space is great especially the outdoor area which looks amazing and I love the photo of paws!  It also looks really clean and tidy. Small detail but maybe just remove the floor mats in the bathroom or change them for the white ones you get in hotels.

I’ve been hosting for a couple of years and the past few months have been quiet. I’m hoping things will pick up in 2024. 
You could ask a friend to stay and write an honest review so that you’ve got your first review - and pay them back some or all of the fee after. I did this to start off with.

Hope this helps, Liz

You have the basics, but I'd suggest looking at comparable listings in your area. What are the amenities offered and the price, as well as their photos. I'd say adjust the lighting in your rooms since it looks yellow and darker rather than bright and airy. I'm also not sure how appealing it is to have a shared bathroom. You likely have a very limited type of guest. Who do you think would be renting your place? For example, we live in an area near a lake and rent to families visiting there, so we have plenty of toys, a stroller, games, etc. The idea of renting to a friend and having them review as in another reply is an excellent idea!

Good luck to you!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you did your market research before setting up your STR business what did it tell you about supply and demand that led you to believe you'd get more bookings @Dylan395 

Leila391
Level 2
Cannes, France

Hello Dylan,

Very nice house ! I would suggest to replace all the yellow lamps with white ones. It will give brithness to the room and living room. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Dylan395, I have just come across your post and seen very insightful suggestions from our lovely Hosts. Are you planning to implement any of these ideas?

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad