Help my airbnb has been put into the wrong category and now I am getting no bookings!

Answered!
Susan4437
Level 1
Drumheller, Canada

Help my airbnb has been put into the wrong category and now I am getting no bookings!

According to Airbnb,  because I have some winter photos, my listing has been incorrectly put into the 'skiing' catagory and I have no way to fix it.  And they do not seem able to either!!??  I am now getting no bookings.

I need access to change categories!

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Susan4437 , We were able to reach out to the team and have your category removed. It might take upto a week to reflect the change. I hope this has been resolved for you now!

Do keep in touch and hope to see you more on our lovely Community Center!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Susan4437 Just message Airbnb and ask them to correct the categories. Be clear on which you think you should/should not be in. Then Customer Support will pass the request to the relevant team at which point they will close the request. Finally a week or more later your categories should get updated.

We did this and it was all sorted in a few weeks.

Thanks 😊   I did call them, but didn't realize it would take that long. 

The person I spoke with was quite helpful but ended up asking me to remove some winter photos.   This is in Canada and we have to promote winter stays for guests... I don't want to remove photos that represent half the year lol

@Susan4437 Unless the CS person said they were passing it to the relevant team then I am afraid you need to keep calling  until you get one that understands that the rules have changed. Originally it was purely an AI decision (hence the photos) but this recently changed and CS are not always up to speed with these changes.

Good to know, thanks 😊 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Susan4437 ,

Do you have any specific category in mind, that you would like to get added to, instead of Skiing?

Please feel free to send over a DM to share further details!

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Susan4437 , We were able to reach out to the team and have your category removed. It might take upto a week to reflect the change. I hope this has been resolved for you now!

Do keep in touch and hope to see you more on our lovely Community Center!

-----

Miguel1423
Level 3
Michigan, United States

Good morning!    I haven't seen this posted on the forum yet, so I hope this is not a duplicate.  

I had the same issue, but with Beachfront properties.    I just got a response from Support on how to correct categories ourselves on a computer.   I have not tested mobile app yet.   

NOTE:  I had to type out the URL to get this posted.  

Go to  elevate (dot) translated (dot) com/categories

Sign in with your Airbnb account info. 

Select the property.  

You will see the categories that your listing is included in.   You can Add or Remove categories.

To Remove a category, click the "X" on that category.  You will see a popup window asking you to provide the reason and then click the Request to Remove button. 

To Add a category, click the "Add a Category" button` in the upper right corner.   You will see a popup window that is not formatted correctly, but is still workable.   You must search the category you want to add, scrolling and selecting will not work.   Type in the category you want to add in the Search box, i.e Beachfront, and press Enter.   You will see a popup to confirm and click the Request to Add button. 

Confirmation says that the request will be reviewed and responded to within 5 days.     

I sure hope this helps everyone.   I know this has been a frustration source for me for some time.   

Update:   Category was resolved in 2 days.  This is a great tool.