Help needed

Answered!
Hamza17
Level 2
Amman, Jordan

Help needed

Dear Nick

I am an airbnb host since 2016

Accepting all reservation not cancelling a single one all those years working hard day and night to make sure my guests are happy reaching out up to 1000 + reviews

Out of a sudden today my account listings got suspended and calendar blocked

So far have trued contacting and charting with airbnb but with no solution they have told me they will escalate the issue and get back to me all is an email saying my account will be as follows (((( 

I really need help as i see no reason for this at all after all that hard work and commitment kindly support me as i have never experienced such a situation and thats my main income to keep the food on the table for my kids .

@Nick 

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Did  you have any recent guests where you had to contact them about concerns about more guests on the booking or other safety concerns.

Or perhaps it's to do with some of the concerns in your guest reviews for some of your listings which talk about cleanliness issues. 

If so,  Airbnb has this awful policy of suspending a host without notification if say a guest complains about cameras even where they are correctly displayed. @Hamza17 

Hopefully you are also promoting your STR business on other platforms and with direct bookings. If not, I would suggest you look at doing this so you are not reliant on Airbnb as a single platform to promote your listings.

@Stephanie  @Nick  can you help raise this case with Airbnb.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Hello. 
Is there anything, that a guest could have reported to AIRBNB? If not, I would contact AIRBNB and demand  to speak to  a manager. It would only be fair to you,  to know why they took down your account.

Otherwise, you would have to start renting your house on another platform.

Good luck. 

Hello thanks for the reply 

not at all i no claims ,no refund claims ,no bad reviews recently my scoring is good ,no guest report very weird ,i spoke a million times they say will let a higher rank respond to you after i wait all i get is an email again stating that my account will be removed and here we go again the same roller coster ride 

I’m sorry you and your family are going through this frustrating and stressful situation. I do feel Airbnb should have several, upper management staff, who can help you immediately! Hang in there!! I do feel your situation will be resolved in a positive manner. 🙂

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Hamza17 ,

I understand how distressing it must have been for you! In your previous thread, I gave you a response and escalated it to the team. As per your post, I understand that they have already conveyed the latest developments for your issues.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hamza17
Level 2
Amman, Jordan

My name is hamza

I am an airbnb host since 2016

Accepting all reservation not cancelling a single one all those years working hard day and night to make sure my guests are happy reaching out up to 1000 + reviews

Out of a sudden today my account listings got suspended and calendar blocked

So far have trued contacting and charting with airbnb but with no solution they have told me they will escalate the issue and get back to me all is an email saying my account will be as follows (((( 

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

I really need help as i see no reason for this at all after all that hard work and commitment kindly support me as i have never experienced such a situation and thats my main income to keep the food on the table for my kids .

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Did  you have any recent guests where you had to contact them about concerns about more guests on the booking or other safety concerns.

Or perhaps it's to do with some of the concerns in your guest reviews for some of your listings which talk about cleanliness issues. 

If so,  Airbnb has this awful policy of suspending a host without notification if say a guest complains about cameras even where they are correctly displayed. @Hamza17 

Hopefully you are also promoting your STR business on other platforms and with direct bookings. If not, I would suggest you look at doing this so you are not reliant on Airbnb as a single platform to promote your listings.

@Stephanie  @Nick  can you help raise this case with Airbnb.

Thanks for your reply but i have t faced any of what you have mentioned working with airbnb since 2016 am aware of all the rules but this case is really weird i keep on getting the same email that my airbnb account will be out of the plattform i have

no bad review

no bad guest experiences

my scoring is good

no refund claims  …ect 

i called more than 20 times and they all say this is a higher department that will get back to you and the hogher department just sends me the same email with no explenation or contact what so ever

i have tryed the face book messenger and  instagram airbnb help with the dame response that they will get back to me i have tryed the chat channel of airbnb support with the same answer as well am in a hopeless case really after 7 years of hard work more than 1050 great reviews working on that day and night i have been just left alone with no explanation or solution or at least why 

i have never experienced such a case .

i really had a hard time me and my family for almost 3 days left with no answer or call !!!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am sorry to hear that. @Hamza17 

If you look at your listings you do have some reviews from guests raising issues about cleanliness which have resulted in lower reviews. I am not saying that's what it is -  but it could be a factor.

Have you got your listings on other platforms? That would be my focus in your situation, while hopefully there maybe an opportunity to resolve things with Airbnb.

Hi true but cleanless reviews didnt take my score that much as they are little on the other hand i have it on many other plat forms but i mean i need an answer why is this happening  

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Hamza17 

I think it is very wrong for Airbnb to suspend hosts without telling them why and then leave them hanging. It seems to be happening to many hosts right now.

However, I had a look at your profile and your listings vary in terms of their ratings from 5.0* which is obviously excellent, to as low as 3.2*, which is actually REALLY bad. Airbnb states that it's minimum standard for hosting is 4.7*, so even a 4* review is not good in reality. Most of your listings are below this level. Airbnb can and sometimes will suspend listings which receive several 3* reviews. It also appears that if there is a problem with one of the host's listings, they will often suspend all the host's listings.

You say you have no bad reviews, but that is not true. I haven't read all your reviews but cleanliness issues pop up a few times on the first page and there is one guest whose review is very negative. Therefore, if I was you, I would not assume that no guests have complained. Even if they didn't make a complaint, low ratings can result in a suspension.

Anyway, I hope you get some answers and a solution soon from Airbnb.