Hi, I would like to start Co-Hosting, any suggestions?

Claudia3472
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi, I would like to start Co-Hosting, any suggestions?

Hi, I am not new on Airbnb, I think I know pretty well how it works especially as a guest. However, I would love to start Co-Hosting ( remotely or not ) as I am currently working in Property Management field but I want to get to know better the short-term let/ holiday experience field. 

I was wondering how to start, if contacting Hosts directly or let them find me, which I think I quite hard as I am new and with no listings.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips for how to start creating listings, it would be very helpful!

Thank you so much

Kindly,

Claudia

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Most hosts look for cohosts with extensive experience of being a host. You say you 'know Airbnb pretty well' but your profile shows no experience as a host.

so start by getting experience as a host then you can research and develop a business and marketing plan to provide cohosting services @Claudia3472 

Hi Helen, 

Thank you for your quick reply.

You are right, I don't have experience as a Host but I hope this doesn't mean I can't become a good Co-Host, as If so It would be very restrictive and limitative. Have ALL the Co-Hosts previously worked as a Host? What If you can't host for many reasons?

Furthermore, I do have experience I managing rooms and properties, from the maintenance, cleaning, complains/requests and keep contact with customers/tenants. Is this not something very similar that you do as a Co-Host too?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

People use me as a cohost because I understand how STR platforms work from a hosts prospective and because they can see my reviews and ratings on my listing @Claudia3472 

Of course you can set yourself up as a cohost with no experience as a host . 

my point is most hosts prefer to work with experienced hosts who offer cohosting services . 

Yes I have used a fiend to co host when I was away fir 3 months I had to make sure she knew absolutely everything .You sound like a professional cohost . may  ask you are also good at marketing?  am currently looking for a navy marking person so far I jus get so many emails from large companies I do not want that. I want to hold onto the reigns so th speak.