Hit the ground running

Hit the ground running

Hi Guys, 

I listed my 3 bedroom apartment for sharing like 2 days ago and I'm kinda worried that I haven't had any response so far. Is that normal when starting? I'm based in Memphis TN, in the heart of a quiet city called Cordova.  Could it be my pics? The tittle? I just can't stop second guessing what could possibly be wrong..kindly advise. Felix Bolo 

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Felix449 

After publishing it can take upto 48 (useally 24) hours before a new listing is in the search system.

So maybe not start worrying already about resonse  just 2 days after publishing.

If you share the URL to the listing here, we can have a look at it.

Thanks for the feedback @Emiel1,  attached my URL:

https://abnb.me/cA0nNI2DTub

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Felix449 

And welcome to Airbnb.

A few suggestions - add some colour to your listing - artwork prints/photos and some decorations.

Your listing would also benefit from a more detailed description - you don't say anything about your area, what your local amenities are and what sort of guests your place would be suitable for.

For example you indicate you have a 'valley view' but no photos of the view.

You also haven't filled in your profile as a host. Completing this helps inspire confidence in guests.

In terms of bookings it really depends on demand and supply in your area for your type of listing.

Good luck @Felix449 

Thank you:)  and....ON IT!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Felix449 

As you can see the listing is in the search system now:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=481410599&map_toggle=true

Please note you offer a 20% discount for first 3 bookings. It adds up to other discounts (eg you have set 20% weekly discount).

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I like your apartment Felix; is light, neat and it has character - not some sterile place 'resembling a hotel' Reasonably priced also.

However, you wont do much wrong than listen to Helen, profile & local description are a must; People need to know 'who you are and where are they going' - potentially you are inviting ppl worldwide - some of whom  need more info. Also, colours, flowers, art-work etc...can add another welcoming dimension.