Host As Potential Guest - Where Are Their Reviews AS A GUEST?

Will271
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Host As Potential Guest - Where Are Their Reviews AS A GUEST?

Hi there, folks. 

As far as I can tell, Airbnb does not separate host and guest reviews, i.e., Reviews as Host and Reviews as Guest, on a person's profile.

I have a guest who has booked a stay. When I look under "Reviews" for the guest, I only see reviews for this person as a host.  Is there a way to find reviews of this person as a guest?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How do you know he has reviews as a guest @Will271 

Well, I actually don't, Helen. I just assumed (and you know what they say about that!).

She's been a member since 2011 and has over 50 reviews. So, it wasn't a completely crazy assumption. But Lawrene's message just after yours with a screenshot is very helpful.

That screenshot shows that Airbnb DOES distinguish between reviews "From Guests" and "From Hosts."

So, it looks like we have the good fortune of being the first to actually host this Host at our lake cabin, Woodhaven.

Thank you for your follow-up!

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

If the person has reviews as a guest, they will appear under a separate tab just as yours do on your profile, @Will271 . Here is a screenshot of what I see on your profile (on a laptop):

reviews.png

Thank you SO much, Lawrene, for this very helpful reply AND screenshot!   It makes clear that Airbnb DOES distinguish between reviews "From Guests" and "From Hosts."

I hope that's helpful for other hosts to know too.

I made the mistake of assuming that because my potential guest -- who's been a member since 2011 and has over 50 reviews -- must have reviews as a guest. But I was wrong.

It seems we're going to have the good fortune of being the first to actually host this Superhost at our lake cabin, Woodhaven.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to follow up and for including the screenshot -- which tells all!

~ Will