Host,listing

Answered!
Ehab12
Level 2
Amman, Jordan

Host,listing

Hello guys, 

Actually i just got a new flat and I am looking for your valuable and creative ideas to  list this flat .anyone could help qnd give an ideas .Also i am looking to do these enhancement in a reasonable price 

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Ehab12 

If you’re catering to foreigners, particularly Americans, I would guess that they expect something out of The Arabian Nights.

I would decorate at least one room with items scrounged from bazaars or second-hand stores such as tarnished old brass lamps (which might contain a genii!)  well-worn Persian rugs (or inexpensive imitations) paintings done by local unknown artists, and other things that may induce dreams of Scheherazade and her enchanting stories.

Things that might seem to be old-fashioned and tatty to modern Jordanians would probably be fascinating to most Americans.

Mysterious traces of incense in the air, perhaps a hookah on the coffee table, tiny packets of local delicacies as welcome gifts, a personal guide to the local markets and bazaars would impress me.

Americans will want modern conveniences as well, but a touch of antiquity tends to thrill the senses.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ehab12 

You own 3 listings, not clear which one you want feedback on.

Not listed yet ,I am working in Painting staff @Emiel1 

Sanela9
Level 1
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

hi, can you help me how to add more listings to my profile? Thank you 🙂 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Ehab12 

If you’re catering to foreigners, particularly Americans, I would guess that they expect something out of The Arabian Nights.

I would decorate at least one room with items scrounged from bazaars or second-hand stores such as tarnished old brass lamps (which might contain a genii!)  well-worn Persian rugs (or inexpensive imitations) paintings done by local unknown artists, and other things that may induce dreams of Scheherazade and her enchanting stories.

Things that might seem to be old-fashioned and tatty to modern Jordanians would probably be fascinating to most Americans.

Mysterious traces of incense in the air, perhaps a hookah on the coffee table, tiny packets of local delicacies as welcome gifts, a personal guide to the local markets and bazaars would impress me.

Americans will want modern conveniences as well, but a touch of antiquity tends to thrill the senses.

Interested,  I will add this on my priority 

Actually, very valuable 👌  

Thank you 

Still not exist in Airbnb

I wish you are now in Jordan , so you will help  me in this .Also, I think you have a good background in Arabic culture me I don't know about all this information .You have a great imagination @Brian2036 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Ehab12 

I would enjoy helping you search for used treasures in unusual places. I would want to keep some things for myself though.

😉

I have been to Jordan, Egypt, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Yemen, Muscat and UAE.

I collected many unusual things in the bazaars when I had the time.

A couple of other things people from the US or Europe might appreciate: A small packet of saffron as a gift.

It is incredibly expensive here. You might leave a little note to explain how to use it to flavor rice.

One of those tall tea pots with the little cups would be an interesting decorator piece also.

@Brian2036  Really,  😄😄you almost finish middle east countries.Good experience for you.Regarding to saffron I bought my family  a lot in my last visit to Afghanistan the country of origin its still so cheap compared with Jordan.

Anyway, if you get the chance and come back to Jordan for visit you are welcome.  I will be so glad to see you and even host you .BTW which countries between mentioned above you like the most?