Hosting in my area

Inez70
Level 2
Hinesville, GA

Hosting in my area

I have made some upgrades to the home and would like to reveal those changes in my pictures. I also want to know if you all are experiencing down time. I was without a guest for about 4 mths then 1 guest and now no guest since Thanksgiving. This is our official 1st yr as a host.

1 Reply 1
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Inez70 ,

I took the time to look at your listing and read some reviews. I'm suggesting just a few tips in my opinion.

My first impression is the curb appeal. It would have hesitated me but your home is lovely so I looked further. Possibly add something to the landscaping to make it pop. I know it's winter but come spring bring out the flowers, etc. in your front yard and use those pictures going forward. Backyard as well.

This have come up in this forum about holiday decorating. I personally feel it is too much. A little festivity is not a bad thing but it appears too cluttered to me.

Possibly some wall hangings in the living area to warm it up.

I see you have what I think are the same rooms with different bedding. I have different bedding but I stick to my favorite in my listing pictures. I didn't count pictures, but I suggest having a few pictures for every room in your house plus some pictures of what is nearby as well.

I would showcase the kitchen more, show them what you have for their stay.

It appears the jet tub has scratches or something, I would fix that and retake the pictures.

I

t seems to be a reoccurring issue on a downtime with many hosts. Consider a promotion for the slow times. I just started doing promotions and it worked for me, plus I give a 10% discount for 1 week and 20% discount for 30 days. If you are already doing this my bad as I hadn't noticed.

You have a great home and the best of luck in finding more listings. 

Happy holidays,

Bettye6