House Rules

Answered!
Rhonda361
Level 2
Boones Mill, VA

House Rules

Hi, I am very new to Airbnb. I had an incident where a balcony door, (with no screen door) was left open on a very hot day.   I noticed the door around 1 pm. It had been open possibly all night the night before.  Also, all the outside flood lights were on too.  I live on the same property and have to pass the house on my way out.  Anyway,  I contacted the guests and asked if they were there, they said no and would not be back until late that evening.  Ugh, my A/C units were running continually.  Plus we are on a farm, where I have worked hard to rid this house of flies and insects.  What would do in a situation like this?

2nd Question:  On the house rules/manual, is there a check box that the guest check and agree to that they have read the house rules and will abide by them before they are allowed to book?

Lastly,  How far do you go with the rules and listing basic things, like close the door, cut off all lights etc.?

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it!

1 Best Answer
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Place a sign right on the door. Keep door closed at all times due to HVAC and flies. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Sangeeta8
Level 9
New Delhi, India

@Rhonda361 Leave a written note with house rules and eco- friendly tips, printed and laminate them in every room.

Gifty5
Level 9
Chicago, IL

@Rhonda361 I have a folder with the house rules laminated in each room and the living room. The quick messages to the guests, I have stated before leaving the house, make sure all blinds are closed, lights are turned off, but they want to come back to a comfortable home so you cannot tell them to turn off AC. That will be in the check-out notes, to turn off AC before exiting the house. Hope this helps!

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Place a sign right on the door. Keep door closed at all times due to HVAC and flies. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rhonda361 ,

Did you happen to add any new house rules for your guests since you posted?

I hope other members suggestions have helped you!

You can also search our Community Center using the search bar and typing the key word ''house rules''. You can also click below to search for it.

Bhumika_0-1689094816817.png

Previously many of our members had shared about their top 3 most crucial House Rules , you might also want to explore that thread to see what other Hosts think of it!

Do keep us posted on the newest additions!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines