House Rules

Answered!

House Rules

What are some of the common house rules pertaining to visitors of a roommate situation? My roommate will be an adult. So, I know I can't completely stop them from having a visitor, but there has got to be a way I can protect myself as well. Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Best Answer
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

@Ramona227 Visitors are guests too. If you have a max one guest, then no, they cannot have visitors. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

@Ramona227 Visitors are guests too. If you have a max one guest, then no, they cannot have visitors. 

@Dawn241 . Thank you for clearing that up for me. Have an amazing day! (;-)

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Guests are paying guests not room mates . As such you can devise house rules around kitchen access/late night noise/visitors @Ramona227 

Sorry I don't agree with @Dawn241 @ on this one.

as a home share host I'm fairly flexible and happy for guests to have friends round for coffee etc particularly for longer stay guests but no over night visitors  unless agreed in advance and depending on circumstances. 

@Helen3. I guess I have a few things to consider before finalizing my listing. Thank you for your input as well.  Have a great rest of your day!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Ramona227 👋

Did you manage to make some house rules for your guests? I'd love to hear what you did and if @Dawn241 and @Helen3's support has helped you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines